• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire Pictures... (Updated 8/20/03)

chris

Administrator
Staff member
eGriz Club
Here are some updated pictures of the Black Mountain Fire. The pictures were taken on 8/16/03. The last three pictures were taken on 8-10-03. Enjoy the pics, Chris

fire.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

fire4.jpg

fire5.jpg

fire6.jpg

fire7.jpg

fire8.jpg

fire9.jpg

fire1.jpg

fire10.jpg

Where? South, East, North of town?

Those are some really good pictures! Saw some of the slurry bombers flying in and out of Helena yesterday. Didn't know where they were going. But must have been this fire. Affecting Helena this morning with extremely heavy smoke.

yeah, the fire is in the blue mountain area. it breached the mountain top yesturday and now it is working its way down towards Missoula. Hopefully they can get it out.

some houses that are considered Missoula residents are less than a half mile from the fire and it is moving closer.

Those pics are of the fire burning on what is called Black Mountain. Its peak is just a few miles north of Blue Mtn.
Last i knew is was under DNRC(state) fire protection.

I saw the fire when it was still about half an acre at about 2pm sunday.
At that time is was on the west side of black mtn and not easily seen from town. Ironicly, i also viewed a strike at the exact point of fire origin on friday night and was really hoping for rain....obviously no(or not enough) rain came down on it.

GrizMania said:
Those pics are of the fire burning on what is called Black Mountain. Its peak is just a few miles north of Blue Mtn.
Last i knew is was under DNRC(state) fire protection.

I saw the fire when it was still about half an acre at about 2pm sunday.
At that time is was on the west side of black mtn and not easily seen from town. Ironicly, i also viewed a strike at the exact point of fire origin on friday night and was really hoping for rain....obviously no(or not enough) rain came down on it.

Black Mountain you say? Name will now fit the area just perfect.

it is ironic. :D
In the late 70s and early 80s there were many lightning caused fires on blue and black mtns.
in fact there is(was) a "notch" in the tree-line at the top of black mtn where a heli-spot(helicopter landing site) was cut out, so that quicker responses could be made to the many fires. The notch was big enough that it was visible from missoula.

Is it still really smokey in Missoula? It hasn't been very bad in Superior but I kept hearing it was awful in Missoula. Now today it is getting bad here, and I am wondering if that means things are better or worse in Missoula?? I am supposed to come check out apartments tomorrow, and I have enough trouble driving when I can see well, let alone when I can't. BTW, even though that is really scary, those pictures are so pretty. I know that is a girly thought, but it is pretty if you don't think about the danger

yes, it is really smokey here. It sucks. But it doesn't bother the driving though.

Western Half didn't get that nice drizzly rain we got over here in the east huh? Cleared the sky for 15 mins at least :-?

no, we just got the wind that made the fire explode from 600 acres to 6000 acres on saturday. It is burning down houses in Missoula now.

Latest posts

Back