• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expansion Update

Jimus

Here's a new picture of the NEZ. Now you can all get a clear idea as to what the finished product will look like.

gs071403_01.jpg

I was by there this morning, and it looks like they've made significant progress even from the time this photo was taken.

Damn!!! I am trying to get some work done, and now I have to go drive by the field. 8)

Man I cannot wait till the season opener. YOu look at the stadium when it hasnt' even been completed and it looks incredible. Imagine it when it is done. Then imagine it Sold out, full of people and louder than ever. Teams hated coming into Washington Griz cause of the size of the crowd was intimidating. Now they just might not show up.

Baller1

Baller1, I'd have to disagree with you on that one. Straight from many players and coaches mouths: they enjoy playing in front of the lively wagriz crowd, especially if they don't get a good crowd at home.

Hey griz, ya better get your bengal-griz tickets early, it's homecoming and many think we've got your number (or close to your number if the last two years mean anything).

BTW, what's up with that stadium pic, your corner decks just seem a little odd.

On the contrary, I stopped by today and stood at the fence at the south end. Holy Man! The North end looks awesome! It looks like a BIG TIME Stadium at that end.

Threse pictures don't even do it justice.

The finsihed product will blow everyones mind. Especially the fans that travel in from Idaho State, Eastern Washington, etc. It's going to be LOUD at that end, no doubt about that.

salmonbengal said:
Hey griz, ya better get your bengal-griz tickets early, it's homecoming and many think we've got your number (or close to your number if the last two years mean anything).
I signed up for my tickets last week, so I'll see you there.

You Bengal fans should stop by more often. ISU's a big fish now (no pun intended), we're just waiting for more fans to show up. And oh yeah, tell your AD to build you guys a stadium and tear down Holt. A DI football team should not have to play in an arena. I'll take our funny endzones, thank you very much.

Again I must express my concern!

I am tryimg to be patient and wait to see the final product......but right now it is no where near as cool as I thought it would/could be. What the hell is the plan? Are they just leaving the whole new corner section floating and over hanging? Why not connect it to the North endzone?????Why the gap? :roll: Why the support stickin out? :roll:

The first renderings that they showed on the Griz website were a lot cooler than what's takin place. I hope that they didn't hire some half-a$$ company to do it, and then tell them....."It has to be done yesterday!" And now they are rushing through it, making haste.......

It just seems like the new sections should at least butt up next to the NEZ if not fully connect.... They will look like somebody just cut and pasted them there otherwise. If future expansions do the same, we will end up with a stadium made up of four or five individual, out of place chunks- which will look like crap! :mad:

Ok....somebody throw some water on me......slap me a few times.....tell me to snap out of it...... tell me to not get my panties in a wad.....give me a kiss on the forehead......tell me everythings gonna work out fine....... Something.........

GGG!!!!! I said the FOREHEAD! :wink:

Geaux,

Don't worry buddy, it looks great in person. Like they attached an end of a pro stadium to Wash/Griz.

I'll snap a picture from the south end today and post it. But none of the pictures I've seen so far do it any justice.

Also, they may have been able to add more seats by raising it above the existing structures rather than just filling it in.

I have absolutely no knowledge that this is true, but it looks like it from the pictures and in person.

salmonbengal,
We'll see how bad the bengals want to play here after we play them. By the way congrats on the first post and please keep posting. It is fun having oposition on this sight. Makes for much better debates and posts. Good luck this season. Bengals should be tough but they always have a lot of talent that never pans out. And I don't want to hear about co-BSC champs because that was a bunch of crap. If it is a three way tie nobody deserves it or has the right to brag about it.

Baller1

It looks to me that they are going to fill those seats back in that are under the "overhang" and put them flush with it then it won't look so choppy. But I don't know. Nice Pic by the way.

Baller1

It will look awesome in a few years when they add a west-side upper deck. Hogan said the current project will pay for itself over the next ten years, but they could pay it off a lot sooner, if you ask me. I've done a little math. Please forgive me.

$148 (price of one seat for season tickets) x 4,000 = $592,000

$3,200,000 (cost of current project) / $592,000 = 5.405 years

That said, the expansion should be well paid for after 6 seasons. And my numbers don't even include potential playoff home games. As long as people keep coming to Griz games, I think we'll see another major expansion in time for the 2009 season. Not to mention they will build a new row of luxury boxes on the east side for the 2004 season.

ronbo said:
This was taken today 7-16-03 at 11 a.m.

ronbo, I think I saw you there. I saw two people standing at the fence right where you took your picture while I was finishing a walk around the stadium after my morning Sentinel hike. I was wearing a blue shirt and jeans.

Jimus said:
ronbo said:
This was taken today 7-16-03 at 11 a.m.

ronbo, I think I saw you there. I saw two people standing at the fence right where you took your picture while I was finishing a walk around the stadium after my morning Sentinel hike. I was wearing a blue shirt and jeans.

Did you say "hi"? A person matching that general description walked by and said "hi". Was that you? It was a beautiful morning wasn't it?

No, I didn't walk close enough to say anything. I was walking from around the east side of the stadium back to the car in the south parking lot.

The gap is indeed there to stay, I guarantee that. I think the stadium looks great. Leave it to baseball stadiums to have to look all pretty and nice. Wa-Griz looks intimidating. It's just a place for us to all go and be loud as hell. Now that's a football stadium.

There is still a gap Geaux if you walk to the other side you see it. But I have to think they will put a wall in there, otherwise it would be a safety issue. And that will give it a finished look.

So.... in the coming couple weeks I would look for a wall to go up between the deck and the NEZ seats.

Latest posts

Back