• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

eGriz...help me find a video from 01

503Griz

ESPN did a sort of behind-the-scenes piece on Joe Glenn & the team during the 2001 national championship run. This ended up airing during the game @ halftime.

I specifically remember a speech by Joe Glenn while UM was up 31-0 on UNI at halftime, it went something like:
"...that don't mean you tear their hearts out. We cannot go out on a bad note. We want to finish, we want to finish, we want to finish. And we're not gonna run the ball every damn down to get there. We're gonna run it, pass it, throw it, kick it, and get after their asses 'til the cows come home."

It'd be great to pop this up on YouTube somewhere.

503Griz said:
ESPN did a sort of behind-the-scenes piece on Joe Glenn & the team during the 2001 national championship run. This ended up airing during the game @ halftime.

I specifically remember a speech by Joe Glenn while UM was up 31-0 on UNI at halftime, it went something like:
"...that don't mean you tear their hearts out. We cannot go out on a bad note. We want to finish, we want to finish, we want to finish. And we're not gonna run the ball every damn down to get there. We're gonna run it, pass it, throw it, kick it, and get after their asses 'til the cows come home."

It'd be great to pop this up on YouTube somewhere.

I remember it also. Would love to see it again. He ended the talk with "my money is on the Boys from Montana" It was awesome. I remember Mark May who was doing the halftime show saying it got him so fired up he wanted to strap it up again! It's got to be out there somewhere.

I believe it's on the 2001 championship DVD. At least I know the part where he says, "My money's on the boys from Montana" is.

grizfan95 said:
I believe it's on the 2001 championship DVD. At least I know the part where he says, "My money's on the boys from Montana" is.

I have it recorded on VHS but don't even have a videotape player hooked up to my tv anymore, LOL!! :lol:

Back