• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

egriz as a political force?

citygriz

no question the pat williams comments hurt the university of montana, and the football program. but on the theory there's always an equal and opposite force, has egriz found some political muscle? is it time we built a big lobbying building in helena? brint as a lobbyist? argh! as our publicist? at the very least a message has been sent: don't anger up egriz!

Let's start a Super PAC.

eGriz For Progress
"We've got some great ideas, as soon as we can make our minds up on what they are."

Grizzlies1982 said:
I suggest we start working on a resolution towards the North Korean problem.
:ugeek:

I vote we send Alpha as a diplomatic envoy to North Korea to work on a resolution with Kim Jong-un.

Some force...

A powerful politico, former US Congressman is brought down but the whole lot is pussywhipped by a reporter who can't even write well, But in her wake brings down a University President, Vice president, Football coach, Dean of Students and has even rendered PR speechless at times.

Potomac Griz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

I vote we send Alpha as a diplomatic envoy to North Korea to work on a resolution with Kim Jong-un.

Couldn't we just send Player Rep to bore him to death with facts and figures about how a move up to the FBS is not a good move for the Griz?

uofmman1122 said:
Let's start a Super PAC.

eGriz For Progress
"We've got some great ideas, as soon as we can make our minds up on what they are."

Splendid idea! We just need a major contributor who's willing to fund our terminal indecision.

I don't think this is a good idea.. I don't think we'd be have enough time to be a super PAC as well as debate whether we should move up or down.

Potomac Griz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

The two of them would just end up drunk on a road trip.

StephenColbertSuperPAC.jpg

I think there was a lot of opposition to Williams' appointment to begin with and comments from supporters of the university and athletics made it that much easier to reject Williams.
If it was just about angry egrizzers, as the Missoulian would have people believe, Williams would have been confirmed.

bigforkgriz said:
Potomac Griz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

The two of them would just end up drunk on a road trip.

Probably true... Kim Jong-un could use a drinking buddy and someone to look at things with though.

Nice thought, but not realistic, IMO. E-Griz was galvanized by the PW NYT article just before the JJ trial. The norm is hundreds of opinions about everything, and nobody really agreeing on anything. I'm just guessing, but it seemed like about 8:1 against PW, on one issue. Christ, I even voted for PW years ago! A political force, I think not. Nice thought, though. :thumb:

Back