• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern Washington

The O will have to come to play. EWU will not be contained....Adams and their guys are too good. Gotta match them on the scoreboard, get a couple of turnovers and keep the ball away from the Eags. I think the Griz will be able to run on them with more success than they had against Poly or NAU. Going to have to play well for 4 quarters to come away with a victory.

By the way, Oregon State is 6-1.....that's a pretty damn good win EWU had in Corvallis.

Will feel like a playoff game. Hopefully the offense can help keep the defense off the field.

EWU's offense fits into Montana's strength on defense more than Poly did. Wagenmann will be able to use his speed to pass rush Adams where he could not do that against Poly's option. The Eags will get a lot of yards - just keep them off the scoreboard.

This game is going to be a blowout win for the Griz with the final score resembling that of the Portland State game. That said, I hope it gets plenty of hype because they're a "ranked" team - it would be nice to see a sellout this week.

Pastor Ron said:
This game is going to be a blowout win for the Griz with the final score resembling that of the Portland State game. That said, I hope it gets plenty of hype because they're a "ranked" team - it would be nice to see a sellout this week.

Watch out, I've heard eastern fans tweet stuff like this directly to Adams... :lol:

bigkid said:
Will feel like a playoff game. Hopefully the offense can help keep the defense off the field.
With a good game plan (and good execution), that should be possible. EWU gives up about 235 yards passing per game (#78 in the FCS) and 173 rushing (#65). So they give up about 408 ypg, which puts them right near the bottom third in Total Defense. They are also #60 in scoring defense, giving up 26.4 ppg. (The Griz are #7, giving up 17.0 ppg.)

Of course, EWU is #8 in passing yardage gained (324 ypg) and their total of almost 500 ypg puts them #6 in total offense. Scoring offense is a wash: Griz 38.8 ppg (#17), EWU 36.7 ypg (#18).

WaGriz advantage suggests: 42-38 squeaker for the Griz.

signedbewildered said:
Ummmmm, yah. We might actually have to score a few more points if we want to win this one. "a few" = understatement

I think we have two potential outcomes...

A close win for griz in a basketball score game OR we get blown out in high scoring affair

Comes down to game planning and execution....won't hurt to have a hyped up sro crowd with same passion as shown in final minutes of cp win either

I think the crowd shows up but will the coaching?

Please no more sweeps to the 'short' side!

IdaGriz01 said:
bigkid said:
With a good game plan (and good execution), that should be possible. EWU gives up about 235 yards passing per game (#78 in the FCS) and 173 rushing (#65). So they give up about 408 ypg, which puts them right near the bottom third in Total Defense. They are also #60 in scoring defense, giving up 26.4 ppg. (The Griz are #7, giving up 17.0 ppg.)

Of course, EWU is #8 in passing yardage gained (324 ypg) and their total of almost 500 ypg puts them #6 in total offense. Scoring offense is a wash: Griz 38.8 ppg (#17), EWU 36.7 ypg (#18).

Are those Conference stats or all games? If it's all games, remember they played OSU, Sam Houston, and Toledo. 3 pretty damn good offenses.

Kodiak said:
IdaGriz01 said:
bigkid said:

Are those Conference stats or all games? If it's all games, remember they played OSU, Sam Houston, and Toledo. 3 pretty damn good offenses.
All-games stats (NCAA). Yes, their defense has improved against lesser opposition ... but they did give up over 400 yards to North Dakota. Going on the scoring defense stats, you might predict a somewhat bigger margin of victory for the Griz. But I have a feeling this could turn into an offensive shootout, so I went with those and tossed in a FG plus-up as home-field advantage.

(Of course, I have hardly been great -- Hah! -- on my scoring predictions, so it will probably come down to a late FG for a 10-7 Griz win. :lol: )

The game is on my birthday so I am wishing for a big Griz win, say 51 - 24. The rational part of me is thinking Griz 42 EWU 35 overtime win.

Back