• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern pisses me off...

Went to the basketball game in Cheney last night. Griz played hard but lost to a better team. With about 2 minutes left, the ENTIRE crowd, not just the students, started chanting " just like football, just like football". These guys never win the conference, never make the playoffs, beat us one year and now we have to listen to their smack. They do play the Griz tough every year, but it still pissed me off.

dornblazer said:
Went to the basketball game in Cheney last night. Griz played hard but lost to a better team. With about 2 minutes left, the ENTIRE crowd, not just the students, started chanting " just like football, just like football". These guys never win the conference, never make the playoffs, beat us one year and now we have to listen to their smack. They do play the Griz tough every year, but it still pissed me off.

Eastern has pissed me off ever since this November.

Funny, they seemed hospitable enough in Cheney back in 2000 when the Griz denied them the conference championship on the last game of the season.
:)

To me it's a sign of respect. The league is used to looking up at us for so long that when they finally do get a couple of licks in on us, they think they have arrived. Didn't either of you have a big brother that you competed against, or maybe a rival kid from your neighborhood or hometown. Do you remember the first time you won anything from him? You bet you do. And did you celebrate? You know you did. And some of us were probably as immature about it as the Eastern fans have been this year. I was in Spokane for the football game when they were chanting "OVER - RATED". But I got the last laugh because we have two NCs and went to the second round of the playoffs and they just went home. We'll see who laughs last this time too.

And BTW what did big bro do when you finally got the best of him? Did he beat your butt even harder the next time. I know that's what happened to me. I paid dearly, and you just wait and see if that doesn't happen to Eastern next year at Washington Grizzly. Mark my words.

There is a significant amount of motivation for the Griz to clean EW's clock next year. The CB on EW that was not called for face guarding against Levander late in the game was groping himself in front of the Griz Bench repeatedly as well as making lude remarks. He is back next year. The over rated chants. The recent chants at basketball game. Spokeman Review sports writer John Blanchette added some excellent bulletin board material. I kept the paper and will deliver to Coach Hauck the week before the game. The EW fans were pretty rude as the Griz left the field. The loss would have been motivation enough by itself to play their best. But with the rest of the BS from EW, I believe we will get 110% from our wounded Griz. Plus there were over 10000 Griz fans at this out town game, not to mention the TV viewers. I would bet there will be 24,000 screaming Griz fans on hand to let EW know what a home crowd is suppose to look and sound like. It could be the best game of the year in 2003.

Latest posts

Back