• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dominique Bobo Quits Team...

ALPHAGRIZ1

There is a rumor going around on Twitter that he saw the rebel flag picture in my signature and it sent him over the edge. #starsandbars

While he is running he should run into a history class or 7............................

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
There is a rumor going around on Twitter that he saw the rebel flag picture in my signature and it sent him over the edge. #starsandbars

While he is running he should run into a history class or 7............................
What exactly does the rebel flag mean? I live in the Deep South and have heard opinions from several people, white and black, and I know it had very different feelings for both of them. Blacks see it as racist and representing a time where whites still had control of blacks. Most whites see it representing their freedom the still regret loosing from the damn yankees. I know I shouldn't be asking you a serious question of this nature but sometimes I can't help myself

It's kind of like art - in that it is all about perception, that is what you make of it is all in the eye of the beholder. Marcel Proust once said "the real voyage of discovery comes not from seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes". I think that is what Alpha was alluding to by suggesting anyone who gets a case of heartburn over the rebel flag should take a few history courses.

I am a native Montanan who moved to Texas and married a Texas woman, and into an established southern family. I know what the flag represents and have also filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge about the north vs. south saga and all that it represents. The rebel flag to most Yankees is one of the most misunderstood symbols in American history.

Alpha did it as an "in your face" reaction to a few of the perpetual panties in a wad PC hand wringers who have been brainwashed by northern educational instructors all steeped in scripted lesson plans in a teaching system of union labor working from superficial Hollywood movie scripts, having been passed off as knowledge who then profess to actually know something about the subject.

When I saw it I was instantly jealous and wished that I had thought of it. I wish I could f*** with people as well as he does.

Oh, sorry - got off track there. Someone took Alpha to task for his Rebel flag saying it could scare away potential recruits, I think that is what he was making his tongue in cheek comment about.

TxGriz said:
It's kind of like art - in that it is all about perception, that is what you make of it is all in the eye of the beholder. Marcel Proust once said "the real voyage of discovery comes not from seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes". I think that is what Alpha was alluding to by suggesting anyone who gets a case of heartburn over the rebel flag should take a few history courses.

I am a native Montanan who moved to Texas and married a Texas woman, and into an established southern family. I know what the flag represents and have also filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge about the north vs. south saga and all that it represents. The rebel flag to most Yankees is one of the most misunderstood symbols in American history.

Alpha did it as an "in your face" reaction to a few of the perpetual panties in a wad PC hand wringers who have been brainwashed by northern educational instructors all steeped in scripted lesson plans in a teaching system of union labor working from superficial Hollywood movie scripts, having been passed off as knowledge who then profess to actually know something about the subject.

When I saw it I was instantly jealous and wished that I had thought of it. I wish I could f*** with people as well as he does.

Oh, sorry - got off track there. Someone took Alpha to task for his Rebel flag saying it could scare away potential recruits, I think that is what he was making his tongue in cheek comment about.
That is very insightful and I like the perspective of having new eyes to look at stuff. You also understand that in way, seeing the flag as something other then something that a lot of people veiw as racist is kind of like being in a seceret club. For the most part the only people that seem to get it are white southerners with a strong southern heritage. I get that it's a southern pride thing to them just like we wave Griz flags or Montana flags or even American flags. They by no means are ment to insult. It's what we're proud of. It's unfortunate that most of the country sees it as something eles because they can't understand it. I also don't agree that it scares away potential black recruits. The cold weather does that more then anything. For one thing I don't think the kids are going on egriz to find out things about our school. I understand alpha does things also to poke people and make them think. Unfortunately most people are too stuck in they're ways to think new ideas.

TxGriz said:

I am a "freedom of expression" guy so AG1 can play the provocative role by flying the Confederate flag if he chooses. Personally, I think the flag is abhorrent and represents many "belief systems" that I can't relate to. I don't want to express my Northern Educational/ Hollywood Script views any more then I have to so I won't interject much here. But it might be a good read to find out what the "flag" means to an "established" southern family. Do you care to "enlighten" E-Griz Tx? I'd imagine it might be like a former Nazi solider explaining the virtues of his flag to a former WWII veteran but go ahead and "take a stab" at if you see the need.

CV Griz Fan said:
TxGriz said:

I am a "freedom of expression" guy so AG1 can play the provocative role by flying the Confederate flag if he chooses. Personally, I think the flag is abhorrent and represents many "belief systems" that I can't relate to. I don't want to express my Northern Educational/ Hollywood Script views any more then I have to so I won't interject much here. But it might be a good read to find out what the "flag" means to an "established" southern family. Do you care to "enlighten" E-Griz Tx? I'd imagine it might be like a former Nazi solider explaining the virtues of his flag to a former WWII veteran but go ahead and "take a stab" at if you see the need.

Nice post, constant velocity!

GrizGuy said:
To reduce the asshat factor of this thread: I'd like to wish Bobo best of luck as he pursues his athletic career at UM! He's almost assuredly going to score points in the conference chipper for the Griz.

It's tough enough being a young person far from home making the transition to and through college. I don't think it helps (him or recruiting or this board) for people to make cutting remarks, especially from message board mavens whose main source of joy in life is being the bully in the sandbox.

Bobo, go kick some ass for the Griz! Have a great indoor season and gear up to run a personal best in the 200 in outdoors!

Go Griz!

New tagline Chris?

EGriz: There will be Asshats!

TxGriz said:
It's kind of like art - in that it is all about perception, that is what you make of it is all in the eye of the beholder. Marcel Proust once said "the real voyage of discovery comes not from seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes".

I think it's awesome when rednecks quote gay French writers!

GrizGuy said:
To reduce the asshat factor of this thread: I'd like to wish Bobo best of luck as he pursues his athletic career at UM! He's almost assuredly going to score points in the conference chipper for the Griz.

It's tough enough being a young person far from home making the transition to and through college. I don't think it helps (him or recruiting or this board) for people to make cutting remarks, especially from message board mavens whose main source of joy in life is being the bully in the sandbox.

Bobo, go kick some ass for the Griz! Have a great indoor season and gear up to run a personal best in the 200 in outdoors!

Go Griz!
If you really cared about the "ass hat factor" you wouldn't post anymore.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

alpo the attention whore is at it again. so we're paying attention, do you feel better? if not, maybe you should try a swastika? or perhaps you and your deeply philosophical friend txgriz could drive around town dragging an eric holder effigy behind your truck? you need to think bigger!

AllWeatherFan said:
TxGriz said:
It's kind of like art - in that it is all about perception, that is what you make of it is all in the eye of the beholder. Marcel Proust once said "the real voyage of discovery comes not from seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes".

I think it's awesome when rednecks quote gay French writers!
Racist

I don't know. I went to Charleston once, toured some old plantations (the ones that still stand, anyway) and got the feeling there are still some people there who miss that good old way of life that was financed and made possible by slave labor. So I can see how you folks might wax nostalgic about that sort of thing. But don't worry, tomorrow is a new day!

argh! said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

alpo the attention whore is at it again. so we're paying attention, do you feel better? if not, maybe you should try a swastika? or perhaps you and your deeply philosophical friend txgriz could drive around town dragging an eric holder effigy behind your truck? you need to think bigger!
Somebody need to do that to Holder because he is an ignorant asshole not because he's black....but if it makes you feel better thinking that its OK with me.
P.S. I rarely make it through the day without positive affirmation from you ARGH. Yes I feel better

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You're right. I apologize to the French race.
Rednecks is an ugly word and people need to quit using it. It is very derogatory and hurtful to white people.

For all the real racists!

Subject: Who was this adorable one-year old Antonio West pictured below?

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two (black) teens who were attempting to rob my ...mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking "justice" for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

Thank you.

alabamagrizzly said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

What exactly does the rebel flag mean? I live in the Deep South and have heard opinions from several people, white and black, and I know it had very different feelings for both of them. Blacks see it as racist and representing a time where whites still had control of blacks. Most whites see it representing their freedom the still regret loosing from the damn yankees. I know I shouldn't be asking you a serious question of this nature but sometimes I can't help myself
Black people are hypocrites so I don't take many of their opinions seriously nor do I care what they think. None of them were born during slavery so it didn't effect them one bit but hey keep holding onto that crutch instead of moving forward.

Being German I hate the way Germans are portrayed now days.....quick somebody give me money and for the love of Christ stop using the word Kraut its hurtful.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Black people are hypocrites so I don't take many of their opinions seriously nor do I care what they think. None of them were born during slavery so it didn't effect them one bit but hey keep holding onto that crutch instead of moving forward.

Being German I hate the way Germans are portrayed now days.....quick somebody give me money and for the love of Christ stop using the word Kraut its hurtful.

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two (black) teens who were attempting to rob my ...mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking "justice" for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

Thank you.

Right on! Great post.

The real bullshit in this country are people like ARGH that try to bully you with their agenda and it works most of the time. Not on me it doesn't I have an opinion and a spine.

R30 pointed out the black hypocrisy very well in his post.

reinell30 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You're right. I apologize to the French race.
Rednecks is an ugly word and people need to quit using it. It is very derogatory and hurtful to white people.

For all the real racists!

Subject: Who was this adorable one-year old Antonio West pictured below?

Thank you.

I come to Egriz to read about Griz football and I get to see this sh#$. I stay off of Facebook for a reason, please don't ruin this for me.

Back