• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DOJ announcement today at 11

BWahlberg

DONOR
Shared by another egrizzer on FB - KPAX's status update:

Department of Justice to announce agreements regarding investigations into sex based harassment at UM at 11am today. Stay with KPAX for further updates.

I look forward to the announcement, as well as the others from the Department of Education and the NCAA. Only when these investigations are finished can Grizzly Athletics and all of Griz Nation truly move on from this dark cloud that has been hanging over the program. Let the chips fall where they may and let's move on. GO GRIZ!

The Department of Education coordinated its investigation with the DOJ. So essentially, depending on what is said at this press conference, both those investigations could be completed and done. That of course would just leave the NCAA investigation.

Missoulian quick article:

The University of Montana and the U.S. Department of Justice have scheduled an 11 a.m. news conference to announce the results of a yearlong investigation into the handling of sexual assault reports by UM, and the city and county of Missoula.

A news release from the DOJ provided this information:

Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division Roy L. Austin Jr., U.S. Attorney for the District of Montana Michael W. Cotter and University of Montana President Royce C. Engstrom will hold a press conference to announce agreements from the investigations stemming from allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment at the University of

Watch Missoulian.com for updates on this story

My guess: they found a couple of areas that the university could improve on in regards to responding to and providing help for sexual assaults. The university has already taken care of this. That will be the end of it. Mark it down.

Missoulian has live coverage via tweet.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/live-coverage-university-of-montana-sexual-assault-investigation/html_9c3f2684-b8c3-11e2-af0f-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There sure doesn't seem to be much to report. The investigation of the Missoula PD and County Attorneys office remain open though.

Just a bunch of patting each other on the back about announcing some programs and seminars to keep women safe on campus. We won't really know anything until the NCAA speaks.

Move on everyone, nothing to see here. Doesn't sound like a train wreck happened at the University. It seems to be nothing more than what has happened elsewhere. Sounds like the MPD and County Attorney's office may want to be prepared.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Move on everyone, nothing to see here. Doesn't sound like a train wreck happened at the University. It seems to be nothing more than what has happened elsewhere. Sounds like the MPD and County Attorney's office may want to be prepared.

Which is where it should have been in the first place. I don't know why the DOJ got involved at UM in the first place. The only issue I see here is the Saudi exchange student incident. The "jurisdictional" problems that allegedly prevented law enforcement from arresting this criminal could be an issue, but not at UM.

I agree with Blgs Griz Fan since 1986. There was nothing to see from the beginning unless you're the MPD or MCAO.

Tkx, JP, we disagree often but not on this one. I just hope other institutions both out of state and in state can benefit from what the University has gone through, has learned and is changing. It's time to put this to an end and move on.
Go Griz.

Blgs Griz Fan said:

Nope, just a bunch of out of control raping and sexual assaulting of women that lead to a $60 million drop in revenue, the firing of an AD and head football coach, and a massive effort to change policy for an entire campus. Not much doing. I'm sure the cynicism egrizzers have is just as biting in person.

Cody, the findings of the DOJ investigation did not turn up much, if anything, that is not experienced on other campuses across the country. The consequences of having a DOJ investigation did have a negative impact on the University. We can all b^tch and moan about the consequences and regurgitate what went on or we can accept the events knowing they can not be changed, and move on. I favor the latter.

Latest posts

Back