• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Does Delaney keep stats? Where's the beef?

GlacierGrizX

After the first touchdown, on I think the next series we had a small drive going and it was 3rd and 3, and we did a pass or play action play. We did not get it, and all the steam on offesnse seemed gone. Various other times when it was 3rd/4th and short we did a pass play to side-out.

I about punched the t.v, when it was first and goal (2) with a time out, for the last 0:40 of the game. We did four consective pass plays! I think were 2/7 on 3rd and 1/4 on 4th conversions to that point, mainly with pass plays. (I was ok with a pass play on 1st)

Use our big beef and throw it down their throats. Either with goalline, two TE tight, three running backs, flanker in, or whatever, don't get crafty when you are two yards away from tieing! There is alot less chance of a running play going bad vs a pass play. That is why in high school the majority of the plays are runs, as the skill set is not there for the execution of the pass.

Thank you Griz D for being studs! The triple-option, if ran right can be unstopable! I am glad we are deep on the defensive front, because that would have worn-out any other team.

I thought CP's defense proved over and over that they were capable of stopping the Griz run for less than two yards. Their defensive line was impressive all day long. Canada is going to be black and blue for a week.

Jaredkuehn said:
I thought CP's defense proved over and over that they were capable of stopping the Griz run for less than two yards. Their defensive line was impressive all day long. Canada is going to be black and blue for a week.

I understand that, but you also have Counts, Kirscher, Wilson who could do quick hitters for it. Plus play- action takes to long, you need quick 2-step drops in red zone, as the defense got the advantage of less ground to cover. (slants, corners, curls, quick outs)

GlacierGrizX said:
Jaredkuehn said:

I understand that, but you also have Counts, Kirscher, Wilson who could do quick hitters for it. Plus play- action takes to long, you need quick 2-step drops in red zone, as the defense got the advantage of less ground to cover. (slants, corners, curls, quick outs)

Nope...LONG gone..

GlacierGrizX said:
Jaredkuehn said:

I understand that, but you also have Counts, Kirschner, Wilson who could do quick hitters for it. Plus play- action takes to long, you need quick 2-step drops in red zone, as the defense got the advantage of less ground to cover. (slants, corners, curls, quick outs)

In case you missed it Kirschner is no longer on the team, but I agree that we should at least give Wilson some shots in short yardage, it's not like we are killing it in the Red Zone. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back