• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Disney not out

grzz

DONOR
I just talked to an offensive player who is a friend of mine and he said that Disney is sitting out of practice this week to heal, but that they don't expect him to miss any games. The interesting bit of info that I got from him was that with Disney sitting and Oches still not practicing, that Hartman has taken every snap in practice, and that Cordial, the only other healthy QB has continued his normal routine and his normal amount of practice sanps (Not very many). This would seem normal so that in case Disney does go down, Hartman will have experience. Nothing unusual about it, but this thought crept into my head, NOT FROM THE PLAYER, just my thought, that they may be giving Hartman every sanp becaue they intend on playing him against Idaho regardless of Disney's health. It seems that unless they were trying to cram Hartman, who had spring ball and should be comfortable enough to step into the offense if need be without a huge week of cramming, that they would want their only other healthy QB to atleast get some snaps, beacause if Dis and Oches can't go, Cordial would be on play away from comming in. I just think they might be giving Hartman an extended audition to see what he can do.

So will Ochs start practicing next week and be availible for Idaho or not until Cal Poly? I've heard differing rumors.

Coach Hauck himself said in last Sunday's Missoulian that Ochs could see some playing time against Idaho.

I'm sorry to say don't expect Disney anytime soon. They will have to scramble to come up with something for Idaho. Not good. I think it will be a real test for the coaches to come up with something. They are going to need our support in these trying times.
Go Griz

Bronco--based on what? Just curious as to whether this is your opinion based on what you saw last game, or if you have other information.

I consider my source pretty reliable. He's an offensive playey. I definately got the impression that he would be ready for Idaho. Maybe I will check with some of the other guys and see what they say because Bronco has different news. Is that from a source Bronco?

grzz said:
I consider my source pretty reliable. He's an offensive playey. I definately got the impression that he would be ready for Idaho. Maybe I will check with some of the other guys and see what they say because Bronco has different news. Is that from a source Bronco?

Is this the same source that told you there would be no singing of the Fight songs after wins?

My source has not let me down before. I hope he does this time because it will be a real mess. We start fall camp flush with good QBs and high expectations and now the coaches will be burning the midnight oil trying to figure out what to do. Anyone play QB in high school? Do we put someone in and run the option? These are thoughts going through the coaches right now if I'm right. This is going to be a real test for the new staff. I think when we see what they come up we will either circle the wagons and appreciate the coaches or it could be a mess. I'll be rallying around the coaches and I hope all on the board does the same. Could be a real low scoring and nail biter against Idaho. It will be very interesting.
Go Griz.

I only get to read the Missoulian online. Must've missed the article that said Ochs might play against Idaho. But personally, I can't wait to see him in a game. I remember sitting w/ a bunch of alum watching the O struggle in 2001. We were all calling for 'neill, but Glenn didn't play him much. I think we have a gold mine if Ochs gets healthy. I don't mean to take anything away from Dis or the other kids. They're all great, I'm sure. I just think that with the I-A experience Ochs already has, it'll be easier for him to run this offense. I not so secretly hope he'll be more and more healthy as the season goes on and take UM to Tennessee in December!!!

Again, lets not put all our eggs in the Ochs basket this year. Remember, he has not played a down of football in a year. He will be very rusty and at best not much better than Disney has been so far, unless he is the real deal and still he should be rusty. I'm thinking that probably the "easiest" (if there is one) game on our remaining schedule is Weber. Might be that Ochs could start that game. Idaho will be tough as will Cal-Poly... Don't know that coaches would want Ochs' first game to be a hard one... just a guess. As guesses go could be more fiction than fact.

Bronco, I think I saw your source lurking in the shadows at the Townsend Town Pump when I gassed up last night.

DISNEY IS OK AND IS BEING HELD OUT FOR PRECAUTIONARY REASONS. YES, THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THIS BOARD BUT I HAVE FOLLOWED IT FOR A LONG TIME AND AM NOT AN BOBCAT/MARSHALL SPY! GENERALLY AM ON THE OTHER BOARD. THIS IS GOOD INFO AND CAN BE RELIED ON! GO GRIZ!

As unimpressive as Disney has appeared so far, I have to believe he is still better than true freshman Hartman, and should play if healthy for Idaho. Given Disney's stellar California JC record, we Griz fans are still waiting to see this potential evidence itself in a game (e.g., ~ 4 TD's, +400 yards passing).

I still think Ochs is the best QB Griz have, and the team has suffered from his absence, and I am concerned that by the time Ochs shows up in a game, the season could be over for all practical purposes. I doubt Ochs will be ready for Idaho or CalPoly (only speculation), so the Griz have to put their eggs in the Disney basket until and when Ochs appears healthy. Hartman may develop in future years, but he is not ready to be a starting Div. 1AA QB yet in my opinion.

GeauxGriz said:
grzz said:

Is this the same source that told you there would be no singing of the Fight songs after wins?

Geaux, I just said that Hauck wanted the players to go to the locker room before they sang the fight song, not that they wouldn't sing it at all. And HE WAS GOING TO DO THIS. It is a moot point now, so move on, seriously. I'm sorry I caused you such trouble. I don't spread any serious BS rumors that suggest these all these outlandsih things are about to happen. The players I talked to told me that Hauck wanted to do that, I am sorry for sharring what I hear, but isn't that what this board is for? If it turns out to not be the case, sorry. I will never just make something up to make a point. But to justify my source, the article in the paper this morning said that Huack expects Disney to play against Idaho which is EXACTLY what I said. Now are you going to call out Bronco on his source? I don't really know what your problem is with me, because the way I see it there are plenty of being peoplw who have sources mentioned on this board that turn out to be wrong, AND that I do live in Missoula and am friends with a few players, which probably should give me a little more credibility source-wise than someone from Louissianna. Nothing personal. I really didn't mean to offend you with my fight song remarks, but the question I had was answered eventually with actual facts, not just attempts at belittling remarks. If you don't think that my source is reliable, DON'T READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

grzz said:
GeauxGriz said:
grzz said:

Geaux, I just said that Hauck wanted the players to go to the locker room before they sang the fight song, not that they wouldn't sing it at all. And HE WAS GOING TO DO THIS. It is a moot point now, so move on, seriously. I'm sorry I caused you such trouble. I don't spread any serious BS rumors that suggest these all these outlandsih things are about to happen. The players I talked to told me that Hauck wanted to do that, I am sorry for sharring what I hear, but isn't that what this board is for? If it turns out to not be the case, sorry. I will never just make something up to make a point. But to justify my source, the article in the paper this morning said that Huack expects Disney to play against Idaho which is EXACTLY what I said. Now are you going to call out Bronco on his source? I don't really know what your problem is with me, because the way I see it there are plenty of being peoplw who have sources mentioned on this board that turn out to be wrong, AND that I do live in Missoula and am friends with a few players, which probably should give me a little more credibility source-wise than someone from Louissianna. Nothing personal. I really didn't mean to offend you with my fight song remarks, but the question I had was answered eventually with actual facts, not just attempts at belittling remarks. If you don't think that my source is reliable, DON'T READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

I really don't think it is that big a deal....I do think you take your source and yourself a bit too seriously though. :wink:

My problem with you? Well my problem was simple.....the first time you show up on the Griz message board scene, you are talking about how our new head coach is trying to squash tradtion.......not only here but on other boards. Then you continue that by saying....see, the players didn't sing the song, or come back to the field after the ndsu game. I just thought that all Griz fans knew that the team does not sing the Fight song after a loss. So I thought you must just be a rumor mill. And really, after a loss to NDSU....who really gives a flying Flip about if the players would say out on the feild after the game?

All my posts are trying to say (in a synical way) is this: Wait And SEE. And we will wait and see on the Disney thing. The paper said he "SHOULD" be able to go. We will see if he does. If you would have waited to see...you would never have worried about the fight song thing.

I am glad you stuck around, and I'm glad you have a source...just remember that if you post every should, would, could that you hear...you will end up being wrong enough times to discredit you when you are right.

Don't get all swollen up think you are some internet tuff guy. As far as I can remember...you are 0-1 in your rumor predictions. :wink:

Ok, here's the deal folks. I think all this talk about Ochs doesn't matter till he actually plays a football game or practices. I"m sure he would be our best option, but he has had more injuries than we could possibly recount. We need to get our current QB healthy and making better decisions. I'm with the other guy who say Disney has to be better than Hartman. Hartman will be good I'm sure, but he has never played at all. Let's give them some time in this offense. I have a hunch we may be on to something with this offense, but time is needed obviously. It will be a painful trial, but I for one am ready to accept it.

GeauxGriz said:
grzz said:
GeauxGriz said:
grzz said:

I really don't think it is that big a deal....I do think you take your source and yourself a bit too seriously though. :wink:

My problem with you? Well my problem was simple.....the first time you show up on the Griz message board scene, you are talking about how our new head coach is trying to squash tradtion.......not only here but on other boards. Then you continue that by saying....see, the players didn't sing the song, or come back to the field after the ndsu game. I just thought that all Griz fans knew that the team does not sing the Fight song after a loss. So I thought you must just be a rumor mill. And really, after a loss to NDSU....who really gives a flying Flip about if the players would say out on the feild after the game?

All my posts are trying to say (in a synical way) is this: Wait And SEE. And we will wait and see on the Disney thing. The paper said he "SHOULD" be able to go. We will see if he does. If you would have waited to see...you would never have worried about the fight song thing.

I am glad you stuck around, and I'm glad you have a source...just remember that if you post every should, would, could that you hear...you will end up being wrong enough times to discredit you when you are right.

Don't get all swollen up think you are some internet tuff guy. As far as I can remember...you are 0-1 in your rumor predictions. :wink:

A.... Just got on the message board scene? What the hell are you talking about? I have over 100 posts on this board. I have been a member of this board since last December, and I before that I was on the unoficial board. I don't know what you are talking about as far as posting on other boards. This is the only board I post on, so it must be someone else, which shouldn't come as too big of a surprise seeing as quite a few other people thought and heard the same thing. It was talked about all over town, but then again, I LIVE HERE, YOU DON'T. But far be it me to talk about what people in Missoula are talking about because the Griz fan in Louissianna thinks I am posting BS. I don't consider myself 0-1, and were you at the NDSU game, because the game I was at, the PA anouncer clearly said (While they were still ahead) that they were going into the locker room and would be back in ten minutes. Were you at the game and can dispute that. Because that is all I was talking abotu TWO WEEKS AGO. I also said the seniors were very upset about it and it would probably not happen at the next game. Again, it's a moot point! Lets just agree to disagree. PLEASE MOVE ON. As for Disney, someone said that he was definatley out 2-4 weeks, and I said that he was sitting out of practice, but not out 2-4 weeks. If he is expected to play for the Idaho game, that means he is probably not OUT DEFINATELY. That is all I am saying. I don't see how Huack saying he is probable makes what I said wrong, and I really don't care to hear your logic that will make me wrong. I'm sorry that you think I am wrong. But you are the only one who seems to think that I am so far off that I need to be called out on the board like that. Oh well. But before you try and discredit me on this board, check your facts, because I have been posting on thsi board alot longer than two weeks.

Viewing profile :: grzz

Montana Grizzly Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Total posts: 111
[0.75% of total / 0.40 posts per day]
Find all posts by grzz
Interests:

grzzzz.......

You are in MT and I'm in LA......big deal. I'm not the rumor mill here. I do not come with rumors...so I need not verify my sources...I do not need to be in MT cuz I'm not making crazzzy talk about our new coach.

I am more connected to Misssoula than you may imagine.......

Plus....I've live in Missoula more years than you've probably been alive.

Also...I think it is funny how you keep saying "drop it"......sounds like some good advice. And remember, that by posting rumors, you are the one who "picks it up" to start with. I think it started by the negitive sounding post toward our new coach after a loss that made me respond to you at first.......but now that you want to play cyber-tuff guy and show why you are soooooo much smarter about the Griz than me cuz you live in MT and I am from LOUISIANA (which is how you spell it by the way) I find it fun to remind you that you were wrong about the rumor. :wink:

I really have nothing against you as a human......and I would question anybody who had reported rumors that make our new coach look like an ass right after a loss. I really don't get upset about anything on a freakin message board.......but I do like to debate. So bring it.

I am sorry that I said you where new to the scene.....I guess I just don't remember your posts before this year....sorry.

At anyrate....From now on PM me with whatever you want to say about this. Also, if you don't mind, PM me and tell me where you are from, what year in school you are.....and why you choose UM.

Latest posts

Back