• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Did anybody else notice

GeauxGriz

The depth cart this week has K. Edwards starting at CB? And Adkins listed 3rd at Free Safety???? I am not a coach......but what I saw of Nate at CB really impressed me this summer. I thought he might be one of the best we had at CB.......

I have always thought that K Edwards was awesome......but will he be fast enough to play CB? I think he might be our best FS....But then you take TT off the field...and TT is good, but not able to play CB. I am shocked that they put Edwards at CB instead of giving Nate a shot there... But again, I am not the coach...... So, does anybody have any speculation why they may have done this?

I don't know about Edwards or Adkins but I'm surprised that there hasn't been any discussion about Ochs moving to number 1 on the debth chart, especially after the article in the Missoulian the other day. I know that was an obvious move to most people here but I'm surprised no one even brought it up. (Unless I missed something!) We've gone to great lenghts disscussing "less" in the past!

Maybe that was the seceret information that everyone knew about but can't talk about in another post!

Why does it surprise you, victorG, that Ochs is the number one QB. He is obviously the best QB we have. He was able to play last week, and although they played him more than they wanted to he came out if it without injury. I'm sure he will share time with Disney this week, and we may see a glimpse of Samson depending on the situation. He's the guy as long as he is healthy and continues to recover.

Doesn't surprise me at all! In fact I am VERY excited about it!

I was surprised that no one brought up the topic for discussion! It must have been the first "to obvious" information to ever get by discussion on this board!

Well Jeff Marshall is listed as the #2 at two positions, yet he is out for the season with his leg in a hard cast - So the listings mean squat

There's a reason Ochs was ranked #4 coming out of high school.
The kid is GOOD!

He didn't look in the least bit bothered by the fact that he started some series on his own 2 yd line....field position doesn't appear to bother him at all. he gave the impression that If he started a series 10 yds behind the end zone, he'd be just as confident and composed!

I'm jacked, I think he has the potential to be everything advertised....and more.

I think you are right. It is too obvious, almost, to mention. Plus we arent' going to fake anyone out by listing him as a 2 or 3, because everyone has to know he is going to be the general as long as he is healthy. Things are looking up. I'll also be anxious to see how Disney plays, if he is healthy enough to get in. O-line is playing better, and everyone has to have a greater grasp on the offense by now. Yep, this is going to be quite a telling game.

Still, teams are going to have to prepare for Run and Pass and Option, and still they will have no idea which to concentrate on.

What worries me about Ochs is the talk coming out of Idaho State. It sounds like they target players on the other team to take out.

Ochs will certainly have a target on his back for late hits and possible defensive ends diving at his ankle.

I'm with ya Ronbo. It will be interesting to see how they fair against MSU, and to see if they play dirty ball.

I'm with ya Ronbo. It will be interesting to see how they fair against MSU, and to see if they play dirty ball.

I think its safe to say they ALL have dirty balls. :wink:

Back to the cornerback topic ~ my understanding is that Dellaselva has been moved from CB to safety, thus Edwards (who played lots last year and hasn't seen much action this year) was moved to CB. Harris is playing behind Vernon Smith and Adkins wasn't getting it done at CB. He has speed (oops.. I guess that's MSU line) but can't tackle. Vernon sure has had a few great hits, but has missed more tackles than anyone on the field. Sure doesn't look like all-American candidate this year.. he needs to pick it up a notch. The coaches are trying to test many of the kids in backfield to see who works together best. There is lots of talent (more than fans give them credit for) and I think it will all shake out just fine.

To get back to the first post in the thread...

I agree. I don't see either Thomas or Edwards as good corners. I think we'd be better served with either rubie or Atkins or harris.

Still, i'll cheer for whoever they put out there. :usa

all of the before-mentioned kids are below average at CB for a team the calbre of UM. The coaches will make recruiting 2-3 good CBs a top priority next season. I think you will see two players start at CB next season who are not currently on the GRIZ roster.

azgriz said:
all of the before-mentioned kids are below average at CB for a team the calbre of UM. The coaches will make recruiting 2-3 good CBs a top priority next season. I think you will see two players start at CB next season who are not currently on the GRIZ roster.

They better do something with Adkins! The kid is a big time athlete. And if he was not getting it done at CB because of tackling....why would they move him to FS????? Edwards is a stud......but he seems like he would be a better fit at FS than starting CB. And what's the 411 on Polhemus? He make his way into the dog house?

AZ....with Mukie comin back....I don't think we can afford to give any rides to CBs, let alone 2-3. We need O linemen. Bad.

All I know is that an informant that I know that is close to the team said that even in spring drills, Ochs was impressive. Before he sprained his ankle they seemed to thing that he would eventually stand above everyone else. He noted that the players seem to notice that he knew he belonged on that football field. I guess it was his ability to play and think the position that was the intangible that we haven't seen all year. Even though I wasn't at the game, you knew instantly why this kid was so good out of high school. I can say that I things can only get better.

As for ISU, I think if they come off half cocked that game won't even be close. Because if they play bonehead, loosecannon football, any average team will take advantage of them. I think the UofM has weathered the storm, and if ISU pulls that crap I don't see us pulling any punches against them. But that is way ahead obviously...

azgriz said:

azgriz, are they gonna be players that are in HS now or 1-a transers?

I think Clark, currently on the roster, might be good, but we'll see.

as a side note, if Atkins won't see any real time at cb then move him back to wr.

Back