• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dickey's BBQ

Average at best. The chopped brisket is awful. Get a green egg and do a better job yourself. My vintage kamado can knock out a couple racks of ribs and a pork shoulder that make Dickey's taste like dog food.
 
blazerbird said:
Average at best. The chopped brisket is awful. Get a green egg and do a better job yourself. My vintage kamado can knock out a couple racks of ribs and a pork shoulder that make Dickey's taste like dog food.

Love the green eggs but don't own one. I do my briskets on my char griller and they turn out perfect everytime. 10-12 hrs but so well worth it!!! Same with pulled pork, 12 hrs on a pork butt and you have some mighty fine dining there!
 
I liked it, took the family there a few Sundays back, kids at free on Sunday. We got more food than we could eat plus free ice cream for a family of 5 (5th member was a baby that just ate a little bit though) and it cost $22
 
blazerbird said:
Average at best. The chopped brisket is awful. Get a green egg and do a better job yourself. My vintage kamado can knock out a couple racks of ribs and a pork shoulder that make Dickey's taste like dog food.
Agreed its not great

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
 
BWahlberg said:
I liked it, took the family there a few Sundays back, kids at free on Sunday. We got more food than we could eat plus free ice cream for a family of 5 (5th member was a baby that just ate a little bit though) and it cost $22
Kids eat free? My boys will put them out of biz
 
What's the deal with the ceramic eggs? I have every barbecue device known to man, if my last name was Kuehn I would name my first born daughter Barbie, but I have to say I haven't kept up on the eggs. I did buy a used smoker from someone who bought a ceramic egg to replace it. I was looking at one at Sam's so if I hear a good reason I may add one to my collection.
 
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.
 
BDizzle said:
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.
You've been to the new one in Billings I assume?
 
BDizzle said:
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.

This. The meat is def better than Famous Dave's. God that place sucks.
 
Big green eggs are great for this area because they hold heat even when it's really cold. It can be 20 degrees outside, but with a couple handfuls of lump charcoal, I can still barbecue with little effort. The intensity of the charcoal fire creates a tasty bark on pork that I haven't seen duplicated. Add some wood, and a little pan of water and you've got barbecue that will knock your socks off. Dip them ribs in a little Rendezvous barbecue sauce (from Memphis, get the hot) and taste the good life.
 
OptimusPrime said:
BDizzle said:
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.
You've been to the new one in Billings I assume?

That i have. I would recommend Blues BBQ over it but they both are good.
 
BDizzle said:
OptimusPrime said:
BDizzle said:
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.
You've been to the new one in Billings I assume?

That i have. I would recommend Blues BBQ over it but they both are good.
Mark this day down......Drizzle finally said something manly.

Blues BBQ IS.....all that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
 
BDizzle said:
OptimusPrime said:
BDizzle said:
Its a fast food BBQ place. You shouldn't be expecting much. But it is just as good if not better than Famous Daves. Very reasonably priced and you get free ice cream. Tough to beat.
You've been to the new one in Billings I assume?

That i have. I would recommend Blues BBQ over it but they both are good.
We go out for lunch every Friday downtown, so Dickey's is close, but I'll have to try Blue's, looks like it's out in the Heights.
Thanks for the recommendation. :thumb:
 
And now a shout-out to one of our other message board sponsors, youporn.com.

Wait, you mean those ads are only on my computer?
 
We have a Dickey's in Billings?

After a couple of bad briskets from Blues, I will go with Bubbas in Cody.
 
TxGriz said:
What's the deal with the ceramic eggs? I have every barbecue device known to man, if my last name was Kuehn I would name my first born daughter Barbie, but I have to say I haven't kept up on the eggs. I did buy a used smoker from someone who bought a ceramic egg to replace it. I was looking at one at Sam's so if I hear a good reason I may add one to my collection.


Green Egg is the yuppie tool for BBQ, real men use the Weber "Smokey Mountain Cooker" this is what the real man.... pit master uses, especially at 1/3 of the cost.

After waiting for years for real BBQ in Missoula, finally took up the art of BBQ ing and Smoking and will never look back for a restaurant to provide what I could do better.

Now if we could only get a decent fish house in Missoula.
 
Bar-b-que is great food for the unemployed...If you spend any time looking at ANY of their kitchens it jolts memories of Peking Palace. :puke: Utterly disgusting or maybe Charlie Brown's kitchen :eek:
 
cclarkblues said:
We have a Dickey's in Billings?

After a couple of bad briskets from Blues, I will go with Bubbas in Cody.

Down on Montana

I will take CJ's overall though. Texas road house for Ribs
 
Back
Top