• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dickenson released...again

Sportin' Life

DONOR
Dave can't catch a break in the NFL. Well now I've got another team to root against. Does anyone know if there are there any playoff teams needing a backup before they make their run?

Heres the link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20021203/443147.html

Yep, I now hate the Chargers with a passion. The way they let Dave go was f*k'd. Seatle, was a little better, but they suck anyway. My parents talked to dave about a week or two, or so ago and he told them it was coming. They were pretty classy about it. As much as you can be. Coach told him after a week, they would take it week by week. I guess his weeks ran out.
On a possitive note Tim Hauck got picked up by San Fran.

Don't start loathing Miami too much yet. The Miami Herald reports that Dave will probably be signed to the Dolphin practice squad if he clears waivers.

No I don't think Dave has ever played in NFL Europe. The Fish have resigned him to the practice squad, Norv Turner must be the only one that sees anything in him but just can't pull enough strings to get him any playing time.

Dolphins: Lucas misses practice again; Dickenson signed

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, December 5, 2002

News
Quarterback Ray Lucas missed practice on Thursday due to the pinched nerve in his neck, the Associated Press reported. Head coach Dave Wannstedt expects Lucas to practice on Friday and be available as the backup quarterback on Monday. As a precaution, Miami signed Dave Dickenson to the practice squad on Thursday. Dickenson was released by the Dolphins on Thursday.

Views
Expect Lucas to practice tomorrow and be named as the primary backup to Jay Fiedler on Monday night. If he can't go, Sage Rosenfels would be the backup.

Dave hasn't played in NFL Europe. He played in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos. Backed up Garcia before he moved to 49ers. Then took over as the starter, and was league MVP, taking the EE to the a finals (Grey Cup) but losing.

Someone just needs to give Dave a chance.

I did read on the ESPN site that Miami resigned Dave to their practice squad today.

RockyMtnGriz said:
Dave hasn't played in NFL Europe. He played in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos. Backed up Garcia before he moved to 49ers. Then took over as the starter, and was league MVP, taking the EE to the a finals (Grey Cup) but losing.

Dave was Most Outstanding Player (MOP) for the Calgary Stampeders. When he first signed with the Stamps he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Flutie and Garcia.

Latest posts

Back