• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Delaney wants 2-3 more years, or more

griz5700

Greg Rachac, Cat-Griz Insider >> Delaney: "Pressure to win or lose doesn't make a bit of difference"

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/delaney-pressure-to-win-or-lose-doesn-t-make-a/article_d209b7b4-b442-11e2-bc8f-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else getting the sense that if the Griz improve on their 5-6 2012 record, Delaney will get a contract extension? Probably the standard 3 year contract for FB and BB coaches.

Man, what a terrifying thought.

What about all that change in leadership talk? Instead Royce hires a yes-sir AD brought in by the guy he fired. And brings in an interim coach who worked under the coach he fired. Now that coach could be the long-term solution? What a bunch of BS.

UM needs to bring in a strong, aspiring coach with no ties to UM. That's a change in leadership. Problem is we don't have leaders in place with the strength to make a move like this. Whoa, what a mess.

This would be horrible. After last year's disaster, not even the W/L, but just the ridiculous play calls (kick off both halves, the punt vs. SUU) shows a severe lack of head coach material. Robb Akey's free.. give him a call.

Hold off that contract until after this football season is over. If this season is the same coaching comedy it was last, time to move on. I am giving Coach Delaney the benefit of the doubt, and hope he gets this back on track. If would be stupid and foolish to renew a contract now. At this stage, he has not earned a contract renewal.

mtgrizrule said:
Hold off that contract until after this football season is over. If this season is the same coaching comedy it was last, time to move on. I am giving Coach Delaney the benefit of the doubt, and hope he gets this back on track. If would be stupid and foolish to renew a contract now. At this stage, he has not earned a contract renewal.
My thoughts exactly.

What a mistake that would be. Please don't extend the contract! We need a complete new coaching staff. Do it now!!!

GrizFan2011 said:
We need a complete new coaching staff.
I do not agree with this. I think you will be singing a different tune after this season. There were serious conflicts between Rosenbach and Delaney; those are gone. We will see this year if Scott Gragg is HC material; I suspect he is.

Whoa now, let's not rush to judgement. There are many in this State who want to see what 'ole Booger can scheme up to top last year.

Nothing will change at UM until we start hiring people the good, old fashioned honest way. Engstrom was Dennison's back room choice after a flawed so-called national search. Same thing with Haslam as he was Engstrom's choice after another surface national search with Haslam's outstanding key qualification of being a fundraiser under O'Day. It was a different matter with Delaney as he was hired when we may not of had another choice given the circumstances at the time.

Bear Spray said:
Whoa now, let's not rush to judgement. There are many in this State who want to see what 'ole Booger can scheme up to top last year.

Ageed. No need to rush in to anything. But what about recruiting with no commitment to a HC?

This is from the interview: One person inside the department said to me recently, “I wish we’d had (Delaney) 10 years ago.” :eek: If this sort of delusional thinking is common in the athletic department, then we are is serious trouble. Delaney has not earned any consideration for a contract extension. Last season was a coaching nightmare. If the upcoming season is anywhere near what last season was like, then Delaney should be gone.

Delaney's OUTSTANDING 2013 recruiting class ALONE proves he is a great coach...

Follow that up with a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RUN this seaason and next...

And you crybabies :cry: will have egg on your face.

IntuitiveGriz said:

Homer

grizindabox said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Homer

:lol: :thumb:

No, I just think he is a great football coach. A tremendous leader and mentor.

I really think 2013 will be a fun year to watch Griz football. Hope I am right...

I didn't think about the possibility of Delaney's contract being renewed before the end of the 2013 season. That would be beyond foolish. Even if we have a great year in 2013, we should move in a new direction.

Hypothetically, if Pflugrad left on his own terms and we were searching for a new HC, and Delaney applied, would he be seriously consider? Not a chance. See what I'm sayin?

End of the year, open the job up to applicants. If Delaney wants to be the HC, he can apply.

IntuitiveGriz said:

I would be more than happy to have such a season and the resultant egg on face! :thumb: Then, Mick will have earned an extension.

GrizWhiz said:
This is from the interview: One person inside the department said to me recently, “I wish we’d had (Delaney) 10 years ago.” :eek: If this sort of delusional thinking is common in the athletic department, then we are is serious trouble. Delaney has not earned any consideration for a contract extension. Last season was a coaching nightmare. If the upcoming season is anywhere near what last season was like, then Delaney should be gone.

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to tee off on it.. Who is thinking like that and why in the hell would they say that to Rachac? Delusional is right.

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizindabox said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Homer

I really think 2013 will be a fun year to watch Griz football. Hope I am right...

Wow! Delaney as a great football coach and a tremendous leader and mentor? What is that opinion based on?

CV Griz Fan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
grizindabox said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Homer

Wow! Delaney as a great football coach and a tremendous leader and mentor? What is that opinion based on?

Butte roots

IntuitiveGriz said:

Not a very intuitive opinion....

Latest posts

Back