• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

David Cross

Ken Jones

I heard that David Cross (Hot Springs High, 2012-13 Montana Champs in football)may be a walk on for the University of Montana. Any one heard or know anything about him?

I'm pretty sure David was the only one moving on to the Griz at the Shriner's football dinner last Wednesday in Polson.

There were 3 going on to MSU, (one was for a track scholly).
One for Southern Oregon.
The rest, about 5 or 6 guys were heading on to Montana Tech.

AllWeatherFan said:
Holy crap, I thought this thread might be about Tobias Fünke there for a second. Sorry, never mind.

It's always about the Never Nudes with you, isn't it?

Steve Holt!

Maybe he should think about that decision. You'd hate to prematurely shoot your wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, leaving you with quite the mess on your hands

Blue Tears said:
It's true, Dave Cross is heading to the University of Montana and walking on to play football.

Does he have a position slot, DL, OL, TE, LB? I'm not familiar with the positions in 6-man football, but I assume that players would be more DB, LB, TE, WR and QB types. :|

Ken,

Not sure about the position. Dave is about 6'3 and 210 pounds so I would certainly guess that he could grow into an outside linebacker, defensive end or tight end type player because he has lots of room to add weight. He sure seems like a nice young man.

Blue Tears said:
Ken,

Not sure about the position. Dave is about 6'3 and 210 pounds so I would certainly guess that he could grow into an outside linebacker, defensive end or tight end type player because he has lots of room to add weight. He sure seems like a nice young man.

Well, typical redshirt candidate ... weight room, summer practices, fall practices, spring practices ... I hope he's patient; then by 2014, he'll be a redshirt freshman ready to compete in the Big Sky. Better yet, hopefully, he'll earn an athletic scholarship for his patience and fortitude. :D

Well said Ken. I did find out today that Dave is planning on playing tight end this fall. Good luck to him and the rest of the incoming Griz this fall.

The University stopped by Hot Springs to visit with Dave last week and gave him a summer workout schedule. He is a great Kid and your correct, he has a lot of room to grow. Good attitude, good grades, and solid football player.

Who's A Savage said:
The University stopped by Hot Springs to visit with Dave last week and gave him a summer workout schedule. He is a great Kid and your correct, he has a lot of room to grow. Good attitude, good grades, and solid football player.

Hopefully, his parents will find him a personal trainer, solid work out partners or both and with patience and growth, he'll surprise people in the coming year and beyond.

WyomingGrizFan said:
http://www.footballstarsoftomorrow.com/player.php?pid=660

Those are some impressive stats, especially for a high school tight end. Anyone know his 2012 stats?

bigtyme said:
Steven Pfahler could assist. He is changing young kids into solid athletes.

How young? I have an 18 month old who needs some work on his vertical and the 3 cone drill. His bench and 40 time are solid though.

wbtfg said:
bigtyme said:
Steven Pfahler could assist. He is changing young kids into solid athletes.

How young? I have an 18 month old who needs some work on his vertical and the 3 cone drill. His bench and 40 time are solid though.
"40 times are solid", yeah but I bet they were hand and not electronic timed. Meaningless... :roll:

Back