• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Damn those thugs...

Blgs Griz Fan

I posted this elsewhere but think it deserves a new topic heading alone.

http://www.gogriz.com/allaccess/?media=386213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow! What a great group of kids. I am especially impressed with Curtis White. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders & a good heart in his chest.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GrizMusician said:
Wow! What a great group of kids. I am especially impressed with Curtis White. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders & a good heart in his chest.

:thumb:
and how did I miss this, must sign up next time.

Great story! This offers a much truer picture of what Grizzly athletes are really like than what we've been reading about and seeing lately. Did any of this ever make the paper or TV? If not, that's a shame. The U should be doing a better job getting stories like this out.

KRO said:
Great story! The U should be doing a better job getting stories like this out.

YES! We need Don Draper and a public relations blitz.

Check that! NOT Draper! He would be smoking inside, drunk by 2 pm and probably impregnate several coeds during his 2 weeks on campus.

GrizMusician said:

Agreed! Gawd it's nice to hear about the Griz making positive news!!

:clap: very admirable story. As someone who has worked extensively with kids with cancer, I can think of no greater cause that this. Kudos to the players, coaches, and staff that took part in this.

Plus, it's much more noble than being a sperm donor. ;)

It's interesting how few posts this story has generated on this forum. And now you know why the Missoulian focuses on certain stories. Stories like this just don't get much play even amongst the active posters on this board.

Nice work guys and Curtis! There's an interesting story about a New Hampshire shot putter ending his career as a senior so he could donate his marrow to a young man he'd never met before but needed it done ASAP to have any chance of survival. So, this is meaningful and it could really end up impacting a family.

Here's the story on the UNH shot put star that is posted on Facebook page for BC Charlotte:

NBC Charlotte

This is 21-year-old Cameron Lyle. He was a shot put star for the University of New Hampshire, but while preparing for some of the most important track meets of his senior year, he found out, he was the ONLY bone marrow match, for a stranger, battling blood cancer. If he donated his healthy marrow, it would end his college career, but save a life. Lyle didn’t think twice. He underwent the surgery, and the donor now has a fighting chance to live.

Would it be a good idea for Griz Athletics to sponsor similar events in conjunction with home games?

I'll be really pulling for Curtis White after watching that--seems like a great kid, and I am glad he's now a GRIZ in Missoula !!!

And Cameron Lyle, the shot-putter from the U of New Hampshire that missed the rest of his senior track season to save a complete stranger's life by donating bone marrow--WOW, if that doesn't put a lump in your throat you're pretty hard-hearted !!!

curtis white is impressive in the video. i've gotta say, though, the scruffy player with his hat turned backwards who was sitting behind the spokeswoman as she talked appears to have some serious adhd! i hope he isn't a safety!

first, thanks for posting....second, mr white is a well spoken young man....he could be a difference maker in several ways for the griz football team....

Back