• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CSTV I-AA Football Schedule

Jimus

It's not complete yet, but we have games. In fact, it looks like so far only the Griz are on more than once.

Week number (date): Game (survey rank)
Week 1 (8/30): Montana @ Maine (1)
Week 2 (9/6): Appalachian State @ Eastern Kentucky (1)
Week 3 (9/13): Fordham @ Lehigh (6)
Week 4 (9/20): ...
Week 5 (9/27): Delaware @ Hofstra (1)
Week 6 (10/4): Western Kentucky @ Western Illinois (1)
Week 7 (10/11): Idaho State @ Montana State (3)
Week 8 (10/18): ...
Week 9 (10/25): Portland State @ Montana (1)
Week 10 (11/1): Northeastern @ UMass (6)
Week 11 (11/8): Furman @ Georgia Southern (2)
Week 12 (11/15): Northwestern State @ McNeese State (2)
Week 13 (11/22): ...

thanks for the info...it seems in week 3 and 10 they didn't care what fans wanted to see...Fordham??? Northeastern?
Change those to Furman and Northwestern State and you're talking.
:x

ralph said:
GrizMania said:
thanks for the info...it seems in week 3 and 10 they didn't care what fans wanted to see...Fordham??? Northeastern?
Northeastern is #6 and Fordham is #14 in the 2003 Consolidated Preseason Rankings, Furman is #10 and Northwestern State is #22.http://www.I-AA.org/article.asp?articleid=45448

Those are nice nubers Ralphy.....But Mania was talkin about the numbers which show what the fans want to see. Both of those games were 6th in fan voting.

I agree with Mania.......they didn't care what the fans wanted to see!!! I'm sure that one of the big wigs of cstv owed a favor to his friend who was an alumni of Fordham or some such thing. :wink:

Perhaps beings this is written word it come off more crass than i intend.

Northeastern has had some sucess recently and I don't think the game will be horrible and will probably generate local interest...and because i love 1-aa football i will watch out of curiousity if i get the channel.

Fordham can get ranked wherever and their still not a team that generates much interest to me. Maybe others feel differently.
I also feel their ranking is too high, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.
And i won't mind if they do as i root for the underdog usually(ie Griz prior to Don Read-but their success hasn't changed my love of them thank God!)

Having said all that ralph, your point is well taken. But i think many will see what i mean if only in a hypothecital sense.

GeauxGriz said:
ralph said:
GrizMania said:
Northeastern is #6 and Fordham is #14 in the 2003 Consolidated Preseason Rankings, Furman is #10 and Northwestern State is #22.http://www.I-AA.org/article.asp?articleid=45448
Those are nice nubers Ralphy.....But Mania was talkin about the numbers which show what the fans want to see. Both of those games were 6th in fan voting.
I agree with Mania.......they didn't care what the fans wanted to see!!! I'm sure that one of the big wigs of cstv owed a favor to his friend who was an alumni of Fordham or some such thing. :wink:

Well, Northeastern was the #4 seed last year and Fordham won their first round playoff game (vs. Northeastern).

Look what they bested in the survey. Fordham @ Lehigh:
41.78% - GA Southern @ McNeese St. (no rights)
26.73% - Sam Houston @ Montana (2 other UM games)
13.00% - TN Tech @ Chattanooga (ummmmmm...)
4.44% - Wm. & Mary @ VMI (ummmmmm...)
3.23% - TN St. @ Jackson St., 14th Southern Heritage Classic (no rights)

Look what Northeastern @ UMass bested:
30.54% - Montana @ N. Arizona (2 other UM games)
14.12% - Youngstown St. @ N. Iowa (ummmmmm...)
11.93% - Chattanooga @ App. St. (App. already on)
10.03% - Maine @ Delaware, Parents and Family Weekend (no rights)
7.44% - Sacramento St. @ Montana St. (MSU already on)

Maybe they're giving props to the previous year's playoff participants? Plus UMass should be really hot and the Lehigh game is one that deserves highlighting.

Geez is there only 27 days until the season starts for I-AA?

ralph i can buy into giving props to last year play off teams given the no-rights to some games and the fact that they'll only show teams 2 times(is the the right number?)

Latest posts

Back