• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Counts Prediction

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
- 20+ carries
- Over 100 yards on the game
- Over 5 YPC
- 2 or more 15 yard carries
- 1 or more rushing touchdowns
- knocks the helmet off at least one hapless defender
- career day!!!!!!!!!

I want so bad for this to be JC's breakout game. I cannot wait for saturday! Coming all the way from saratoga WY for this one!

GO GRIZ!!!!!

So... when Van went down after one carry, why didn't Counts ever get the ball? The stats show he had one carry for two yards. That tells me the coaching staff is OK with giving Canada 90% of the snaps... or is Canada hurt too? Wondering what makes you think the coaches will be giving Counts any more carries here.

poorgriz said:
So... when Van went down after one carry, why didn't Counts ever get the ball? The stats show he had one carry for two yards. That tells me the coaching staff is OK with giving Canada 90% of the snaps... or is Canada hurt too? Wondering what makes you think the coaches will be giving Counts any more carries here.

Well, first, the head coach said he would.

I guess there really doesn't need to be a second....

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Oops, sorry - I missed that. Was just surprised reading the CP recap and how you guys basically just stuck with one back after Van went down. You guys SHOULD be able to run the ball on these guys... I think that's a must, you don't want to be in a shootout with them I don't think.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Oops, sorry - I missed that. Was just surprised reading the CP recap and how you guys basically just stuck with one back after Van went down. You guys SHOULD be able to run the ball on these guys... I think that's a must, you don't want to be in a shootout with them I don't think.
We were able to move the ball on the ground last year real well. We should be able to dominate the TOP and frustrate EWU offense waiting to get back on the field. Key to the game is No Turnovers!
Go Griz!

Poorgriz. MD said that Joey would get, "a whole lot of reps," vs EWU in this weeks press conference. I have no effin clue why he wasn't used in the CP game. The run game we were going with wouldn't have suited his skill set, which is my best bet. We kept trying to bounce it outside, with poor results. Hopefully this week we try to smash it up the gut more with a heavy dose of Counts. I guess we'll see. You are correct; I think our winning this game will fall on the shoulders of our O-line and running backs. Once we establish the run we need to mix in a lot of the short passing game (which has also been almost non-existent thus far for no apparent reason) and allow JJ to simply manage the game. I don't think we need JJ to win this one for us with his arm, nor should we want him to (the rumor is his throwing shoulder is "sore"). Only time will tell, but typically our O-line bounces back after a less than stellar game (e.g. vs PSU after NAU loss).

GO GRIZ!!!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Poorgriz. MD said that Joey would get, "a whole lot of reps," vs EWU in this weeks press conference.

I love how Delaney advertises his intentions. I wonder if he mailed the EWU coaches a laminated printout of the game plan too.

msoblazer said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Poorgriz. MD said that Joey would get, "a whole lot of reps," vs EWU in this weeks press conference.

I love how Delaney advertises his intentions. I wonder if he mailed the EWU coaches a laminated printout of the game plan too.

Don't be dumb. Not like this is rocket science or state secrets. Obviously counts is going to get reps. I could care less if they give them the game plan. I would say here it is. Stop it.

grizatwork said:
msoblazer said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Don't be dumb. Not like this is rocket science or state secrets. Obviously counts is going to get reps. I could care less if they give them the game plan. I would say here it is. Stop it.

Good point. But I thought it was obvious Counts would get reps vs poly and that didn't happen. Doesn't hurt to keep 'em guessing.

BWahlberg said:
60 rushing yards + 30 receiving yards, 1 TD

This is a much more reasonable prediction and numbers Griz fans should come away very happy with. With TraVon Van out of the lineup it will only increase Jordan Canada's workload and if we are going to win we will need a great game from JC. If Counts gets 20+ carries that means Canada (our feature back) is hurt or totally ineffective....

.....or maybe Counts goes over 20 carries because we are blowing EWU out :thumb:

I too would like to see JC have a breakout game. I like the no nonsense flash players. JC is a hard nosed John Riggins kinda back. Looking forward to seeing Counts lower the shoulder and knocking a few dudes on there asses.

grizatwork said:
msoblazer said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Excellent! That's what they did for 58 minutes last week. Works well! How the griz scored with a hurry up offense is beyond me. I'm with you, keep trying something no matter what.

StumptownGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
60 rushing yards + 30 receiving yards, 1 TD

This is a much more reasonable prediction and numbers Griz fans should come away very happy with. With TraVon Van out of the lineup it will only increase Jordan Canada's workload and if we are going to win we will need a great game from JC. If Counts gets 20+ carries that means Canada (our feature back) is hurt or totally ineffective....

.....or maybe Counts goes over 20 carries because we are blowing EWU out :thumb:
I hope Canada doesn't have to carry the load again this week. Too many rushes for a smaller man against Cal Poly toughs. Counts and/or Nygen need to be in the mix or we risk losing Canada to injury.....maybe already have.

I don't know anything about Counts, I'll admit that EWU would have had trouble with Van, he's the type of back we always seem to struggle with.

What kind of back is Counts, between the tackles?

Last year the Griz killed us with the spread option (as did SHSU this and last year) it seems like the Griz don't run the spread option as much with JJ? I think with the success you had last year running the spread that we may see some of it on Saturday.

marceagfan5 said:
I don't know anything about Counts, I'll admit that EWU would have had trouble with Van, he's the type of back we always seem to struggle with.

Last year the Griz killed us with the spread option (as did SHSU this and last year) it seems like the Griz don't run the spread option as much with JJ? I think with the success you had last year running the spread that we may see some of it on Saturday.
No! The spread does not work...

stubbins said:
marceagfan5 said:

No! The spread does not work...

It does against us, I'll be more than happy if I don't see the Griz run it...

Back