• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cost of moving on up to the bottom

poiuyter

It can be done. Just raise the student athletic fee up to $400. Because college is all about sports and not education.

But the t.v. revenue, bowl revenue (after the school sells its mandatory tickets), and playoff hush money will pay for everything.

We never need to win a National Championship. Just as long as I can watch that game against Lamar on Wednesday night on ESPN2.

Be nice to have no more playoff games at home in December when it's below zero and windy.

Now it can be the Pink Taco Bowl in beautiful Yuma.

Or it will be a national semi final against Eastern Oregon with Bob Hermes handling PBP duties for the KPAX broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverettGriz said:
Or it will be a national semi final against Eastern Oregon with Bob Hermes handling PBP duties for the KPAX broadcast.

To tell you the truth, I think I'd prefer your scenario over the Pink Taco Bowl scenario suggested by Poiuyter

mikegriz said:
EverettGriz said:

To tell you the truth, I think I'd prefer your scenario over the Pink Taco Bowl scenario suggested by Poiuyter

Yeah, nothing beats watching a DI level program play DII level football. Or, in this case, not watching it, because the KPAX cameramen can't follow the action. But at least you'd have excellent commentary such as, "The Griz need to score more than Eastern Oregon if they're going to win today" to fall back on....

The FCS level was fun when it was a legitimate subclass. But now, it's time to face reality: it ain't. And it ain't getting better. When programs like Liberty are moving up, the only thing that comes to mind is, "rats off a sinking ship". Let's not go down with it.

ordigger said:
Georgia Southern students voted to raise theirs by $75 if I recall correctly.

Does anyone have a clue what UM's current athletic fee is? I remember that when I was attending UM, we voted on whether or not to raise it, but it wasn't approved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GrizMusician said:
ordigger said:

Does anyone have a clue what UM's current athletic fee is? I remember that when I was attending UM, we voted on whether or not to raise it, but it wasn't approved.

I know that it wasn't anything crazy high. If I recall also, I think the raise was poorly advertised in a few short days which lead a lot of students to vote against it because they didn't understand what the raise was for.

get'em_griz said:
GrizMusician said:
ordigger said:

I know that it wasn't anything crazy high. If I recall also, I think the raise was poorly advertised in a few short days which lead a lot of students to vote against it because they didn't understand what the raise was for.

I remember that the general attitude was that "the football team already has a ton of money... why do they need more?" Obviously this was a very uneducated view, but unfortunately that was the general concensus among students at the time.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

EverettGriz said:
mikegriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Yeah, nothing beats watching a DI level program play DII level football. Or, in this case, not watching it, because the KPAX cameramen can't follow the action. But at least you'd have excellent commentary such as, "The Griz need to score more than Eastern Oregon if they're going to win today" to fall back on....

The FCS level was fun when it was a legitimate subclass. But now, it's time to face reality: it ain't. And it ain't getting better. When programs like Liberty are moving up, the only thing that comes to mind is, "rats off a sinking ship". Let's not go down with it.

Totally agree Everett. It's like FCS schools are playing a game of intercollegiate athletics musical chairs... the last schools without a seat are the real losers.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back