• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to the "other" Griz football team!

UPWIMT

DONOR
Congrats to the women's soccer team on making the Title game for the first time since 2000

Beat Weber 1-0 today

We play Idaho State Saturday for the Big Sky Title

I care, Wise Ass. Soccer is a fantastic sport - congrats to the Lady Griz - let's beat the Bungals!

Sweetwyne said:
its soccer, who cares?????

I care. Think about who might care. . . You'd take insult to someone saying "who cares" about a dead, Randy, and his guitar. I'm not going there with that comment, but I think you get the point.

yeah I care to. Congrats to the Lady Griz. Now go win the tournament.

Anywhere else in the world, it would be football, except for maybe Australia, what we call rugby, Aussies call it football.

I care too. Doesn't matter if it's football, basketball, soccer or even tiddly winks, if the Griz are playing I'm rooting for them!!! Way to go ladies!!!!!!!

I agree. Even though soccer is not my favorite sport, it is a rigorous game that requires great endurance, bursts of speed and footwork, and its great that the Lady Griz are doing well.

Go Lady Griz!!

Anyone that can run that long, kick the ball, and head the ball without throwing up has all my respect.

Good Job Griz.

Here is my question to everyone here (soccer lovers and communists alike)::

My post was more in jest but......

how closely do you really follow the team?
have you ever been to one of their games?

I find it insulting (and i think most would too) to compare Randy Rhoads and Griz soccer and soccer in general.

Sweetwyne said:
I find it insulting (and i think most would too) to compare Randy Rhoads and Griz soccer and soccer in general.

Who compared it... I was pointing out the fact that one may love soccer. Not me exactly, but someone loves the sport, so don't knock it.

You love Randy. That's your thing. Where did you get a comparison of the two. He's a guy, who's dead, whom you love. Does that make you a homonecrophiliac?

I don't care! Soccer Sucks!! The sport is for people who can't play football or hockey!!! Now, take it easy on me GIRLS!!!! Read the signature below!!!!!

Turner Brown said:
I don't care! Soccer Sucks!! The sport is for people who can't play football or hockey!!! Now, take it easy on me GIRLS!!!! Read the signature below!!!!!

Dude, your signature sucks.

Sweetwyne said:

Well.....not to tick you off or anything......but I would place Lady Griz soccer slightly above Randy Rhoads on my list of what I care about. :wink:

Good job Lady Griz and good luck in the chipper.

I for one am not doing cartwheels for the lady griz soccer team, however I am proud of them. They are representing the University of Montana.

As an alum and a supporter of the U. I am elated to see that not only Griz football and lady Griz basketball are doing well, but that we (Griz) are being successful among the other activities that represent Montana.

Go Griz........

I too add my congrats to the Griz soccer team. Yes, I have been to games, and, yes, I've known people on the team. Do I root harder for them than for the football team? No, but the soccer team represents UM very well, and I'm proud of them.

I care, I have had many friends on the team, I used to go to every home game. I still make the games when I can and I follow them in the paper, and I know one of the coaches. The soccer team has had great succes in its short exsistence, the've beat many nationally ranked opponents, won the big sky confrence more then they haven't, and have won a game in the National Terny. They have had a few down years and it is really exciting for them to have a shot at the BSC tittle and mabey a run into the playoffs.

As for the people who came on this thread and said soccer sucks. F@#k off, this thread was about congratulations, not wether you like soccer or not.

Back