• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to Cowboys!

Sportin' Life

Well-known member
DONOR
Now don't make us listen to more Georgia smack by losing to them...With the tremendous heart you showed tonight you will win it all....won't you?
 
Sportin' Life said:
Now don't make us listen to more Georgia smack by losing to them...With the tremendous heart you showed tonight you will win it all....won't you?

Anybody who comes back from 17 down deserves to win. Griz, you blew a 17 point lead. You deserve to have an L next to this game.
 
Great game guys we are going after GA southern but gotta play in LC next week should be on ESPN 2 would love to have you guys as pokes fans!

even if it is just for 2 weeks!
 
McNeese59...sorry I bailed in the chat, i promise it wasn't my fault. My computer suddenly gave in on me and stopped refreshing the screen, much like UM gave in.

I have to hand it to the Cowboys. Normally when a team I love falters in playoff time I am full of resentment and hate towards the opposition and anger and apathy towards my team...i feel cheated by the Griz... 17-0 up in the 3rd...there isn't much of an excuse for squandering that. But the Cowboys, they did what they needed to do, and just plugged away until the opportunities arose. I'm not going to blame the officials, I'm not going to blame the crowd or venue or weather or anything. Simply the better team won on the day and the Griz either didn't play the full game or played all their trick cards too early.

As I said to McNeese59 in the chat... Luck will often favour a man if his courage holds. The crowd gave up at 17-0 as did the geauxcowboys.com commentators (apparently), but the players did'nt, and got the just rewards.

Well done Cowboys and I'll continue to follow and support you to the end of the NC game which I have no doubt you will be in.

Good luck in Chattanooga!

Cheers,
 
I'm there with you man; next week, and then in the finals. I feel bad predicting GS U suck university winning but what the heck. Run the table Cowboys. We'll see you next year (maybe we won't pass up Nebraska in 2003).
 
you guys are class acts was a great game but we all knew it would be! 2 games left till we take our first championship! GOD I LOVE THIS GAME!!! hey Hobbo feel free to drink all the beer you want now! LOL
 
Yes Cowboys.

Good game. Wasn't wanting this outcome, but can't win it every year.

I'll be pulling for you the rest of the way.

Heck of a game...go kick some butt.

Griz fans.

It's been a great year despite tonight's outcome. Heart breaking to say the least... :oops: :oops:

Sure love them GRIZ! Thanks for a great year of football! I'll be looking forward to the first kick off of 2003.
 
I think it is still in the AM for Hobbo...Daniel....all the beer he can drink? Godspeed with the day is all I can say. BTW, Daniel...we appreciate your support...thanks.
 
Congrats to the Cowboys. Your guys came through when they had to. Great D.

Thanks, Griz, for a great season. I had a feeling that the Griz didn't have the horses this year to go all the way, and the scourge of injuries certainly helped make me right. God I hate being right all the time! :cry:

We're only losing 3 senior position starters and the punter--to say that we'll be back next year is the understatement of the year.

Good luck to the Cowboys the rest of the way. Take care of business, and keep GSU from raising another flag--their fans are obnoxious enough already!
 
This was our rebuilding year.....but we get Ciche and Varona back...
We'll get Ochs. And we'll get all of the freshman and sophomore playmakers that are on this years team! Next year is the year of the Grizzly!
 
The game tonight was the real NC game because two championship caliber teams played tonight. I think the cowboys just wanted it more. Thanks for letting us post on your board and hope you will follow the cowboys to our first National Championship... :D
 
First post - I'm Lit

How do you blow a 17 point lead?
Could it be our 'prevent defense'?
we' done it several times this year and it must have caught up to us.
The griz played great and brought their 'A' game. The defensive coaching brought their 'B' game. Kudos the Cowboys, Kudos to the Griz. It was a great game.
Thanks for a great Year.

I'm Lit, but I hear Wyoming need's a prevent defense.
 
saintz said:
Hey shakermaker,
we will practice our spelling and grammar when we are in Nooga!!!!!!!

Maybe you can get your own board as well??? If and when you win an NC that is. You know what I hate about IA and IAA football. If you guys manage to win the IAA NC... people will still be more interested in LSU's meaningless season.
 
griz said:
First post - I'm Lit

How do you blow a 17 point lead?
Could it be our 'prevent defense'?
we' done it several times this year and it must have caught up to us.
The griz played great and brought their 'A' game. The defensive coaching brought their 'B' game. Kudos the Cowboys, Kudos to the Griz. It was a great game.
Thanks for a great Year.

I'm Lit, but I hear Wyoming need's a prevent defense.

Yeah, maybe Glenn is a wanna be Cowboy (in the IA).
 
Don't be too hard on yourself, the Cowboys had a secret weapon Montana didn't know about. Remember a couple of weeks ago two US Army soldiers were shot in Kuwait? Well they were both from Lake Charles. One, Sgt. Charles Eliis, who was shot in the face is a McNeese alumi. After a couple of surgeries and still more to go he was allowed to come home until the next surgery in January. He arrived back in Lake Charles Friday afternoon and was asked to speak to the McNeese players before the game. The theme of his talk was no matter how bad it gets, how much it hurts, you never give up and keep the will to come out on top. I believe it may have taken the Cowboys to be down 17 points to realize what Sgt. Ellis meant and that was the catalyst for their comeback. So see, we had a 13th man on the field that you didn't know about.
 
Dan said:
Don't be too hard on yourself, the Cowboys had a secret weapon Montana didn't know about. Remember a couple of weeks ago two US Army soldiers were shot in Kuwait? Well they were both from Lake Charles. One, Sgt. Charles Eliis, who was shot in the face is a McNeese alumi. After a couple of surgeries and still more to go he was allowed to come home until the next surgery in January. He arrived back in Lake Charles Friday afternoon and was asked to speak to the McNeese players before the game. The theme of his talk was no matter how bad it gets, how much it hurts, you never give up and keep the will to come out on top. I believe it may have taken the Cowboys to be down 17 points to realize what Sgt. Ellis meant and that was the catalyst for their comeback. So see, we had a 13th man on the field that you didn't know about.

Very cool indeed. Kind of humbles one :oops: .
 
Sorry to keep repeating myself but I felt that beating the Griz would be key to claiming to being #1. Griz fans showed class, respect, tremendous spirit and support of their team. All of that adds up to one thing, a really classy bunch of people.

Geaux Cowboys and Go Griz! See you guys again!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top