• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Confidence: Lady Griz show it. Men didn't.

AllWeatherFan said:
That was the most confident 20-point loss I've seen all week.

They were within 2 points in the second half. The men weren't within 2 during the warm-up.

My friend, Larry Prettyweasel is now 73 years old. Larry and 4 other seniors could have scored more points than the men.

cclarkblues said:
AllWeatherFan said:

They were within 2 points in the second half. The men weren't within 2 during the warm-up.
different teams, different games, get over it...the guys got their ass kicked...and they were within 3 points when spencer hit a 3pt shot at 8-11, I know its not two...but haha..close haha...do we really have to compare how the ladies were so confident in their beat down and the guys were totally scared in their beat down...come on people lets move on

becker2117 said:
cclarkblues said:
AllWeatherFan said:

different teams, different games, get over it...the guys got their ass kicked...and they were within 3 points when spencer hit a 3pt shot at 8-11, I know its not two...but haha..close haha...do we really have to compare how the ladies were so confident in their beat down and the guys were totally scared in their beat down...come on people lets move on

Um...When Spencer made his three pointer that made it 23-11. At no point was the game 11-8.

AZGrizFan said:
becker2117 said:
cclarkblues said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Um...When Spencer made his three pointer that made it 23-11. At no point was the game 11-8.
oh, my bad haha...well it was 2-3 at one point when will hit his floater?...right? I guess we had 8 and hit the three and that gave us 11...im an idiot...thanks for pointing that out :thumb:

becker2117 said:
AZGrizFan said:
becker2117 said:
cclarkblues said:

oh, my bad haha...well it was 2-3 at one point when will hit his floater?...right? I guess we had 8 and hit the three and that gave us 11...im an idiot...thanks for pointing that out :thumb:

Yes, it was 3-2. Then 8-3. Then 15-4. Then 20-6. Then 20-8. Then 23-11. And then it REALLY blew up. :oops:

AZGrizFan said:
becker2117 said:
AZGrizFan said:
becker2117 said:

Yes, it was 3-2. Then 8-3. Then 15-4. Then 20-6. Then 20-8. Then 23-11. And then it REALLY blew up. :oops:
uhhh I didn't want to relive that in such great detail haha but ...thanks, I think...

I believe its a bit more complicated than just the confidence factor the op talks about. IMO, and as I mentioned in the game thread, the men play with a lot of emotion, especially Will Cherry. Just look at what this team when through this year, and yet still emerged as the Big Sky Champions.

When things are going good in game, they feed off one another, and especially Will. Watch his style, when he is rocking he does nothing but exude confidence. However, and again IMO, when things start going south he has a hard time keeping that emotion up. The first thing he does, is try to do to much. He lets the emotion dictate his play style...good and bad. This can be evidenced by the game against Syracuse and Wisconsin, where he started to rush his shots, and not look for teammates as much even when he is driving. That in turn I believe influences other players especially the younger ones.

Who was not flustered? Well I've seen some say the younger guys (ie Wiley), Gregory and Coleman. My guess is that next year Gregory, and Coleman will be the individuals that step up as leaders of this team. All of us look to leadership for our inspiration, and if that leadership is down then we tend to drag with it. Even as a nation think of major historical events.

I was a bit surprised though that the coaches did not seem to recognize the emotionally factor. Perhaps something as sitting Will down for 5 minutes in the heat of battle would've done him good. All in all this was a poor performance for the entire team. You win together, you lose together.

Just my thoughts...

ordigger said:
I believe its a bit more complicated than just the confidence factor the op talks about. IMO, and as I mentioned in the game thread, the men play with a lot of emotion, especially Will Cherry. Just look at what this team when through this year, and yet still emerged as the Big Sky Champions.

When things are going good in game, they feed off one another, and especially Will. Watch his style, when he is rocking he does nothing but exude confidence. However, and again IMO, when things start going south he has a hard time keeping that emotion up. The first thing he does, is try to do to much. He lets the emotion dictate his play style...good and bad. This can be evidenced by the game against Syracuse and Wisconsin, where he started to rush his shots, and not look for teammates as much even when he is driving. That in turn I believe influences other players especially the younger ones.

Who was not flustered? Well I've seen some say the younger guys (ie Wiley), Gregory and Coleman. My guess is that next year Gregory, and Coleman will be the individuals that step up as leaders of this team. All of us look to leadership for our inspiration, and if that leadership is down then we tend to drag with it. Even as a nation think of major historical events.

I was a bit surprised though that the coaches did not seem to recognize the emotionally factor. Perhaps something as sitting Will down for 5 minutes in the heat of battle would've done him good. All in all this was a poor performance for the entire team. You win together, you lose together.

Just my thoughts...

I'm AZGrizFan and I approve this message. :clap: :clap:

Back