• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

comments regarding the potential harm of jock worship

Please, so it's the university's fault that she committed suicide? If they had taken action against the player, then she would not have committed suicide? If you notice, the sexual assault was "alleged". There was no trial. How do you know the sex was not consensual? Looks like another JJ case to me.

You sound like a bitter individual who is pissed because you were never achieve jock worship status.

Other takes on this could be: Making false accusations can lead to so much stress and depression that suicide becomes an option. People who are potentially suicidal may be more likely to make false accusations. Unstable people are more likely to make false accusations.

Why can't reporters and writers of articles like this, just stick to the facts, do good research, and write accurate stories? Is it because they are so biased and agenda-driven that they feel they can slant the story by using inaccuracies.

There are rapes and there are false accusations of rape.

Attempted stereotyping of either merely to pursue a personal agenda -- say one of alleging "jock worship" which manages to demean victims of any stripe -- offers nothing to the victims of either horror except to pile on a relentless and unjustified bias on top of situations already difficult because of both their intimacy and frequent lack of corroboration.

Ya think we could let the whole "rap" thing go for awhile. Its all starting to sound like Charlie Browns teacher to me about now.

grizfromhel said:
gg---- you knocked it down??? My aren't you self-important.
what's the matter grizfromhel? does it sound too much like what's been going on here? we always wanted to be compared to notre dame.

getgrizzy said:
grizfromhel said:
gg---- you knocked it down??? My aren't you self-important.
what's the matter grizfromhel? does it sound too much like what's been going on here? we always wanted to be compared to notre dame.

The biggest similarities to ND and UM are bad and unfair press coverage. At least, ND isn't making the situation worse by starting needless independent investigations, contributing to incorrect information getting into the press, and firing AD's and coaches.

It seems both of the cases sited in the two articles point to process gone awry. In the case of the mother, the process her sons school uses lacks any opportunity for the accused. Its an example of what a kangaroo court is about, justice served via emotional outrage rather than thru a rationale presentation of the facts (for all sides). In the case falling under Notre Dame’s watch, I wonder what the process really is. Something more transparent may be appropriate.

UMGriz75 said:

Attempted stereotyping of either merely to pursue a personal agenda -- say one of alleging "jock worship" which manages to demean victims of any stripe -- offers nothing to the victims of either horror except to pile on a relentless and unjustified bias on top of situations already difficult because of both their intimacy and frequent lack of corroboration.

if you truly believe that then why didn't you make similar comments in the thread this was a response to? perhaps because of the unjustified bias you exhibit time and again when it comes to um athletes and the law?

This thread was a response to something? By the title of the thread and the contents of the article I assumed you meant the girl from ND was a jock worshiper.

argh! said:
UMGriz75 said:

if you truly believe that then why didn't you make similar comments in the thread this was a response to? perhaps because of the unjustified bias you exhibit time and again when it comes to um athletes and the law?
because he now realizes the previous thread had no backbone. the story about the notre dame girl has so many of the characteristics that are now prevalent here that i bet no one read half of those stories, because they just can't handle what we've become. the one in the catholic magazine was riveting due to how close it mirrored the situation here. things might get better here, but with the fans we have it will just go right back to what it was.

getgrizzy said:
argh! said:
UMGriz75 said:

because he now realizes the previous thread had no backbone. the story about the notre dame girl has so many of the characteristics that are now prevalent here that i bet no one read half of those stories, because they just can't handle what we've become. the one in the catholic magazine was riveting due to how close it mirrored the situation here. things might get better here, but with the fans we have it will just go right back to what it was.

You wanna try using the English language next time? What a tool. Go find another team to support, as if you actually support this one.

This thread has Player Mann/UMann75 written all over it. Did he comment on it? I can't post his name, because he has his lawyers watching my every move. :roll:

Moderators, please moderate this off to oblivion.
A sad tale that does not belong on this forum. Folks say a prayer for the families involved and let it go. Thank you. :ugeek:

argh! said:
UMGriz75 said:

I didn't read that thread. Simple enough for you?

PlayerRep said:
Other takes on this could be: Making false accusations can lead to so much stress and depression that suicide becomes an option. People who are potentially suicidal may be more likely to make false accusations. Unstable people are more likely to make false accusations.

Why can't reporters and writers of articles like this, just stick to the facts, do good research, and write accurate stories? Is it because they are so biased and agenda-driven that they feel they can slant the story by using inaccuracies.

God you're insufferable. No surprise that you'd show up in a thread with 'jock-sniffing' in the title, though.

How are you enjoying no access to the program? :lol:

Back