• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colt being Colt

Hammer

DONOR
Atta boy!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

http://mtstandard.com/sports/football/diving-in-head-first---butte-s-anderson-among/article_d1486d3e-f8e9-11e2-88b5-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that was a cool read......what a line up......3 montana griz in the nfl from d and c class montana schools..amazing

zirge said:
that was a cool read......what a line up......3 montana griz in the nfl from d and c class montana schools..amazing
Don't believe there is such as thing as "class d" in Montana sports....

'68griz said:
zirge said:
Don't believe there is such as thing as "class d" in Montana sports....

is drummond class c? I thought 8 man football was not class c.

Griz in current NFL camps...

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)
Chase Reynolds (Drummond)

Out-of-Staters:

Jimmy Wilson (California)
Trumaine Johnson (California)
Jabin Sambrano (California)
Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

The numbers are very close, and the category that barely "wins" depends on where you put Lex Hilliard. Don't get me wrong, I think of him as a Montanan through and through, and one of the all-time great Griz...but he was not born and raised in Montana...when did he move to Montana?

I will put him in the from Montana category, so it EEKS OUT the W.

IntuitiveGriz said:

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)

Out-of-Staters:

Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

The numbers are very close, and the category that barely "wins" depends on where you put Lex Hilliard. Don't get me wrong, I think of him as a Montanan through and through, and one of the all-time great Griz...but he was not born and raised in Montana...when did he move to Montana?

Lex pretty much grew up in MT.

PlayerRep said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)

Out-of-Staters:

Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

Lex pretty much grew up in MT.

Thank you. I was thinking pretty much that.

Should be fun seeing names added to this list over the next few years, or rather over a lot of years.

IntuitiveGriz said:

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)

Out-of-Staters:

Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

Isn't Shann still with the Falcons?

Ursa Major said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)

Out-of-Staters:

Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

Yes and he's doing fairly well

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darksim said:
Ursa Major said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

From Montana:

Colt Anderson (Butte)
Dan Carpenter (Helena)
Kroy Biermann (Hardin)
Marc Mariani (Havre)

Out-of-Staters:

Dan Moore (Arizona)
Caleb McSurdy (Idaho)

Yes and he's doing fairly well

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That's what I heard also. I can't remember if it was here on eGriz or something I seen on Facebook but it sounded like he was doing good in training camp.

Yes, Class C has two divisions: 8-man and 6-man. btw, if you've never been to a 6-man game you should make an effort to see one. In some ways more akin to a track meet than a game of football, altho one of the special rules for 6-man is that the player who receives the ball from center cannot cross the line of scrimmage with the ball unless he has exchanged the ball with another player---- tries to cut down on the track meet aspect, but not entirely successful.

Lex was born and raised in MT.

Couple other Montanans in the League:

Dwan Edwards - Played college ball at OSU. League veteran who starts at DT for the Panthers.

Brock Osweiler - College at ASU. Backs up Payton Manning.

Mike Person - MSU - Reserve OL for the Hawks

Might be a couple of others that I'm missing from the Cats...

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...petition/32130aa3-1056-4bb8-a4e6-dff5db6291d1

Despite the tough competition he’s up against, Schillinger knows what will set him apart is his ability to succeed on special teams, something he says is “critically important.”

“The third safety has to be a key guy in special teams and I have to be that guy,” he said. “I have to be that guy and then when I’m called upon, I have to be ready. Make calls, God forbid someone goes down, step in, not miss a beat. And I think I can do it.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...-Battles/2f41b9cc-e7e2-4bb8-9f4e-3e814271ee4b

4. Backup Safeties: While the Falcons are set up with their Pro Bowl safeties in William Moore and Thomas DeCoud, the backup situation behind them isn't so clear. Three-year veteran Shann Schillinger returns after missing last season with an injury and Charles Mitchell, a 2012 draft pick, got some experience last year. The Falcons clearly want competition at this backup spot so they drafted two rookies this year, seventh-round picks Zeke Motta and Kemal Ishmael. College free agent Troy Sanders is also in camp to compete. As is the case for most of the depth positions on the roster, the winners of these two backup positions will be the players that can hold their own at their position as well as on special teams. Motta and Ishmael are intriguing options for the Falcons this season after having highly productive college careers. Don't discount the wildcard in this battle: Dominique Franks. Although he's a cornerback, he did some cross training last year at safety.

http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2013/07/25/mike-goodson-does-not-report-to-cortland/

When the Jets take the Cortland practice fields this morning, they will have only Ivory, Powell and first-year back John Griffin taking handoffs. The RBs meeting room also includes FBs Lex Hilliard and rookie Tommy Bohanon.

http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2013/07/26/round-1-of-jets-qb-battle-call-it-a-draw/

Head coach Rex Ryan had no new info on RB Mike Goodson, placed on Reserve–Did Not Report on Thursday. RB John Griffin had at least one sharp play, a screen pass that he turned upfield for a long gainer, and FB Lex Hilliard got some leather time as well.

Back