• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colorado Mesa University Scouting Report

BWahlberg

DONOR
This week the Bobcats host Colorado Mesa University...

But I now interrupt another thread on egriz about the Cats to present my new theory.

I call it, the Egriz Paradox.

Of late there's been a lot of threads about the Bobcats on egriz. Especially being our bye week there's not been much Griz news to talk on so the amount of chatter over the Cats has reached a new peak. Some of egriz's better posters have even tried to steer discussion back to the Griz but in doing so they've had to create posts asking people to stop talking about the cats. Which is exactly what the post turns back into... people talking about the cats.

The Egriz Paradox

In fact, this thread, talks about the Cats thus falling once again into the Egriz Paradox... damnit!

I think some of is because MD isn't releasing much info about the Griz football team. KULR8 has been advertising a Griz football segment to air Wednesday mornings at 5:30 (why so dam early, idk). So I got up at 5:30 this morning to watch it hoping to bring up some GRIZ topics to contribute here and... It wasn't on!! Max Media really sucks.

The first corollary of the egriz paradox is that cat players are much more likely to be injured during Griz bye-weeks because there is much more time to post about the injury on e-Griz.

NLGrizFan said:
I think some of is because MD isn't releasing much info about the Griz football team. KULR8 has been advertising a Griz football segment to air Wednesday mornings at 5:30 (why so dam early, idk). So I got up at 5:30 this morning to watch it hoping to bring up some GRIZ topics to contribute here and... It wasn't on!! Max Media really sucks.

I watched about an hour of yesterday's practice from outside the stadium on the south side. I could see most of the field from there. Anyone who thinks that JJ can not throw the deep ball is on drugs. In one drill, he twice hit well-covered receivers on long passes perfectly thrown in full stride for TDs. The passes had to cover 50 yards in the air and were things of beauty.

On the other hand Smithwick-Hann looked bad throwing the ball.

mcg said:
The first corollary of the egriz paradox is that cat players are much more likely to be injured during Griz bye-weeks because there is much more time to post about the injury on e-Griz.

Excellent point, I'll add that to the paradox.

Brovio Korchinski said:
NLGrizFan said:

I watched about an hour of yesterday's practice from outside the stadium on the south side. I could see most of the field from there. Anyone who thinks that JJ can not throw the deep ball is on drugs. In one drill, he twice hit well-covered receivers on long passes perfectly thrown in full stride for TDs. The passes had to cover 50 yards in the air and were things of beauty.

It definitely seems like he's improved his arm strength significantly since 2011.

Htowngriz said:
Brovio Korchinski said:
NLGrizFan said:

It definitely seems like he's improved his arm strength significantly since 2011.

I wonder if Griz Mayor knows this??

Brovio Korchinski said:
NLGrizFan said:

That's awesome!! I wish I could go watch them. 345 miles is to much to drive to see practice lol. Jordy has always been able to rip one down field. In 2011 when the Griz scrimmages here in Billings he was far superior to Nate Montana. He ripped a few downfield to Sambrono that were outstanding passes!! How was the run game? I think that's gonna be the key factor this weekend.

grizcountry420 said:
Htowngriz said:
Brovio Korchinski said:
NLGrizFan said:

I wonder if Griz Mayor knows this??
Yeah, where'd he go anyways. Haven't seen any posts from him in a while.
And yeah, I'll agree, JJ is older and a better athlete than he was in 2011. I'm glad he decided to stick around after what he went thru!!
I seen on the press release from this morning on go griz.com that Joey Counts will likely get more reps this game!! I really like the sound of that!!!

BWahlberg said:

But I now interrupt another thread on egriz about the Cats to present my new theory.

Of late there's been a lot of threads about the Bobcats on egriz. Especially being our bye week there's not been much Griz news to talk on so the amount of chatter over the Cats has reached a new peak. Some of egriz's better posters have even tried to steer discussion back to the Griz but in doing so they've had to create posts asking people to stop talking about the cats. Which is exactly what the post turns back into... people talking about the cats.

The Egriz Paradox

In fact, this thread, talks about the Cats thus falling once again into the Egriz Paradox... damnit!
Are you doing a UND report? Gettin anxious here :D

BWahlberg said:

The Egriz Paradox

That's so deep...My head just exploded!

Notice I didn't bring up the Cats... D'oh!

Back