• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coleman's gone

Ashamed

http://www.kpax.com/news/coleman-dismissed-from-um-hoops-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MISSOULA - A University of Montana men's basketball player who was charged with drunk driving last month has been thrown off the team.

A short news release from UM states that "Spencer Coleman has been dismissed from the Grizzly basketball team."

The release does not say why Coleman was let go.

Good. Sometime you have to draw a line in the sand. If not now, when? What do you tell the next guy who screws up? Two infractions so close to each other is not excusable. I don't feel bad for him. He made his bed. Good riddance.

Not surprising, as I am sure most of you were expecting. Whether Tinkle wanted to retain his services on the basketball court for next year (where he could have been in contention for a starting spot) He left Tinkle with no options but to dismiss him.

Completely trust Tinkle's judgement if he thinks this is the best thing for the program, than it is. No one is bigger than the program.

Hope Coleman gets back on his feet. The new kid Kemp better be ready to step up and play.

WaGriz4life said:
Completely tust Tinkle's judgement if he thinks this is the best thing for the program, than it is. No one is bigger than the program.

Hope Coleman gets back on his feet. The new kid Kemp better be ready to step up and play.

I agree with this post 100%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Great decision. I would guess he's a good kid but there are consequences for making poor decisions on multiple occasions.

mama mia. does this ever leave us thin and inexperienced up front.

four bigs: (with scoring averages from last year:)

martin 2.0
wiley 1.0
hutch 3.3
kemp 7.2 (jaycee)

syrcuse had more bigs in their starting lineup.

is wiley even a "big?"

year after, hutch gone, breunig in. still, only four bigs.

conclusions:

jamar will need to carry even more of the scoring and rebounding load next year.

next recruiting class will be all about the bigs.

much as i love building within the program, another jaycee transfer inevitable.

gotta hope martin and wiley show big improvements over their freshman years, and that kemp can step right in.

We well be thin (again) up front unless this allows Wayne to recruit another big man for the upcoming season.

That's a bummer. I had high hopes for Coleman this coming year but figured this could happen with the off the court shenanigans! Anyway, take care, Coleman, Hope you get the chance to play ball somewhere else this year and do your best!

With the Griz backcourt, I'm less concerned with scoring out of our 4 than with defense and rebounding. I was surprised that Coleman only ranked 4th on the team in boards last year. I think that's where Kemp will really help us.

Latest posts

Back