• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cole Morgan changes mind

H-townGriz

Cole Morgan has spurned the Griz and commited to Washington State. Sad news but we knew that this kid would be tough to keep.

Who knows.. maybe he'll become the next Ryan Leaf!

Wink
Wink
Wink
Wink
Wink..
You get the picture...

The curse of the Griz Spruners. It is fully intact with Idaho's Harrington.

LMAO. :fist:

Dont be surprised to see Hauck go after a shorter, and IMHO better qb from Washington. I'll see how he plays the next few weeks(in the online papers) and if he does ok i'll tell you who i'm thinking of, otherwise if he stinks i'll keept it quiet. All i'll say now is that fans of UW football think this kid might be the best play maker in the state, but is only 6-0 or 6-1, as if that's the end of the world.

Morgan might change his mind if he wants to play. i bet WSU gets commits from 3 other qbs as well. If he changes his mind, fine, but if he wants to play at UM he needs to quit throwing picks.

What spurned the decision? It's not like he's been exactly lighting it up. Ballard's been a run first team this year. Is he getting a full ride from WSU or are they asking him to walk on?

Morgan was offered a ride to wazzu and to be honest that is his dream school. You really cant blame the kid wanting a shot at the pac 10. He jumped on the offer to Montana and did like us a lot, but the chance to play in the pac 10 is just too much. Wazzu will bring in another qb this year in Gary Rogers from kamiak, Gary is listed ahead of Cole by most services. I know that I and many others were very impressed by Cole at Griz camp this year, Im sure he will do well. The name Mania may be bringing up is Quinton Jackson from Renton and the gria are on him too maybe as more of an athlete. The Griz have offered two other qb's for sure in Chris Sundburg from Columbus Mt and Alex Smart from Mount Si high in Wa. I'm not sure that Sundberg is a Qb at this level but is a good athlete with size.

I heard the kid "aint" exactly a rocket scientist in the class room, so maybe it's not such a bad thing. Anyway I bet they redshirt Hartman next year so he can take the helm for the following 3 years.

That makes sense. Gotta go with your dream. The chance to play in Pasadena vs. Chattanooga? Come on, who can blame him? It's a tough go in the Pac-10 and if it doesn't work out I'm sure UM would be first on his list to transfer to a I-AA and play.

Just talked to a WAZZU alum and he said that Josh Swogger will probably be the starter there next year and he is only a RS freshman. Says everything he throws is on a rope. He was surprised they gave Morgan a full ride so I'm not sure where Morgan's playing time is going to come. Oh well, maybe Hartman can become Justin Montana.

I'm always a little dubious of these early announcements. We were probably a good bargaining chip in the full ride he got to WAZZU.

What do you guys think about this. You know this kid has been following the Griz like a hawk. He checks the internet or daily news and looks up Montana's info and sees we are running the option. And see's we passed the ball 14 times, or something. He thinks to himself, self, do you want to on throw the ball 10 - 25 times a game.. NO.
In addition to this, from what I read, his family wanted him to keep his options open, and probably want him closer to home. And WSU is playing some top notch FB this year.
But to his dismay, next week he is going to see that we passed the ball 20 times for 300 yards. And after that 25 times for 300 yards. etc.
Either way, it is his decision. Would be nice to have him..possibly, who knows.

If I remember right, the origional article about him stated that his parents wanted him to stay in Washington, but he liked the Griz.....that alone is most likely 80% of his decision.

I agree. I though he wanted to play early though, I doubt he will be playing early at WSU. But, ya never know, he could also have realized that anything can happen (Harman/Samson ring a bell) and could be getting some PT sooner than later.

From this article in today's Seattle Times it sounds like Jack Thompson had a major influence on him, as well as being close to his family. Also doesn't sound like he was too committed. If I remember correctly he was on his way to a WSU camp when the Griz offered, so I don't think it was ever too solid - more like, I will go here if the Pac 10 thing doesn't work out. Also I would think that the success WSU has had this year might have helped - I think everyone expected them to have a down year, and he might now beleive he has a chance to play for a winner there.

But really, you can't blame a Washington kid for going to a Washington school - it would be different if he had followed the Griz his whole life and loved Montana, or he changed his mind and is going to Idaho - that would be a slap. I don't have any hard feeling over this one, adn this might open the door to someone else.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001761736_coug09.html

I understand there is another Seattle QB that some think is even better that is close to coming here. He's a 6'2" or 6'3" too. I remember someone posting that they felt he was better than Morgan.

GrizMania said:
Dont be surprised to see Hauck go after a shorter, and IMHO better qb from Washington. I'll see how he plays the next few weeks(in the online papers) and if he does ok i'll tell you who i'm thinking of, otherwise if he stinks i'll keept it quiet. All i'll say now is that fans of UW football think this kid might be the best play maker in the state, but is only 6-0 or 6-1, as if that's the end of the world.

Morgan might change his mind if he wants to play. i bet WSU gets commits from 3 other qbs as well. If he changes his mind, fine, but if he wants to play at UM he needs to quit throwing picks.

This kid, that Grizmania already mentioned?, or is there another QB from Wash we should go after. It wouldn't surprise me if Washington becomes a more heavily recruited state by the Griz than it has in the past because of Haucks connections. Thanks

Lets see a Washington kid choosing PAC-10 WSU over UM?? Duh, that is a no brainer and if anyone thinks he would have come here knowing he could go there (even sitting for a while) they need their head examined....

Back