• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Selvig

Bronco

DONOR
In a time when we’ve seen our last two football coaches bolt with hardly a good bye, it’s refreshing to see Coach Selvig stick around for 24 successful seasons. I know he must have had offers to move to larger programs and more money. Does anyone know if he has received these offers over the years and why he would turn them down? Is he just really happy living in Montana and doesn’t want to leave? The last two football coaches have given me a new appreciation for coach Selvig. Go Griz.

He has stated in many interviews that he loves it here in Missoula and loves the situation he is in.

TrueGriz said:
He has stated in many interviews that he loves it here in Missoula and loves the situation he is in.

How could he love the situation he's in: a one year contract, no job security for his staff, low pay, having to live up to high expectations year after year. :wink: :wink:

How could he not? Lady Griz always competitive and nearly always the best in the conference, thus 1 year contract is a remote issue. Also, Lady Griz in top 25 in country in attendance. Pay is pretty darn good in Missoula and Montana.

TrueGriz said:
How could he not? Lady Griz always competitive and nearly always the best in the conference, thus 1 year contract is a remote issue. Also, Lady Griz in top 25 in country in attendance. Pay is pretty darn good in Missoula and Montana.

My point exactly, just listing the same lame a$$ excuses as a recently departed coach. :wink:

I think this one year contract debate is overblown. He's had 24 year contracts. That's pretty good job security. I know I'm only a few screwups from being unemployed. If you're a good coach...they'll keep you.

Back