• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Delaney

Hammer

DONOR
You can criticize him all you want and call him names ( moobs, booger, ect) but the fact remains Mick Delaney is a good good man!

http://missoulian.com/news/local/hospice-patient-gets-visit-from-griz-football-coach-delaney/article_d6200920-3b74-11e3-9cb3-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't think there is much debate about him being a great guy. I had the opportunity to play golf with him a couple of times when he was at CSU. Couldn't have asked for a better guy to have a relaxing day with. Typical Butte story-teller. And I mean that in a great way.

I am critical as most about COach D play calling at times, but It has been very obvious he is a great guy and good man.

Most people on here that criticize him really don't know what they are talking about anyway. I think he's done a good job, especially considering the situation he was put in. Our football program took a huge and demoralizing hit last year and had many other things go wrong internally (none of which were Delaney's fault). I respect how he's pulled the team together. Very few people have the leadership and demand the respect to pull that off. Most programs would take many more years to recover from that or maybe never at all. Many fans can't see that and still expect perfect execution and domination instantly, but some are able to observe reality. We are lucky to have had him.

HighLineGRIZ said:
Most people on here that criticize him really don't know what they are talking about anyway. I think he's done a good job, especially considering the situation he was put in. Our football program took a huge and demoralizing hit last year and had many other things go wrong internally (none of which were Delaney's fault). I respect how he's pulled the team together. Very few people have the leadership and demand the respect to pull that off. Most programs would take many more years to recover from that or maybe never at all. Many fans can't see that and still expect perfect execution and domination instantly, but some are able to observe reality. We are lucky to have had him.
:clap: :thumb: :clap:

HighLineGRIZ said:

Right on. It is not an easy job to take over a cadillac once it has been wrecked and make it run like new. With the new components and the remaining frame Coach Delaney has done better than most Griz fans could have reasonably expected, me included. Hats off to him.

Pastor Ron said:
:clap: Class act. Coach D for mayor!
HA! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Stay the hell out of politics and stick to the golf course Mick! :thumb:

Agreed, Bigsky. Hard not to root for a guy like Mick Delaney. He embodies the spirit of a true Montanan.

Really nice guy! I've gone to the Coach's show the last two weeks and the first person Coach came over to talk to was my six year old. IMO Coach Delaney has improved as a head coach since last season. I wish him success and I'm not in a hurry to see him retire.

HighLineGRIZ said:
I've been defending Coach D on here and I completely agree with you, he's done a great job given the situation he was put in and we are fortunate he agreed to come out of retirement to right the ship. People complaining about the play calling need to look at the co-offensive coordinator that did such a bang up job on special teams last year. Thats the problem that needs to be fixed.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
HighLineGRIZ said:
I've been defending Coach D on here and I completely agree with you, he's done a great job given the situation he was put in and we are fortunate he agreed to come out of retirement to right the ship. People complaining about the play calling need to look at the co-offensive coordinator that did such a bang up job on special teams last year. Thats the problem that needs to be fixed.

Special teams are as good or better than the BH days this year. All we are missing are some big returns. We finally have another great punter and we are getting some blocks on punts and FGs. We had none of that with RP.

http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/23774468/grizzly-sports-report-9-21-13-cal-poly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've known Coach Delaney all my life. He is a great of a guy as you can be. Total and utter great guy.

And the guy KNOWS football. If you sit and talk with him for more than 1 sentence, that is painfully obvious :!:

UM IS EXTREMELY LUCKY TO HAVE HAD HIM... :twocents:

Latest posts

Back