• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Critics--What Are Your Complaints After this Game?

PlayerRep

What are your complaints about the coaches so far this year?

Offensive game plan? Defensive game plan? Play-calling? Headset wearing? Age? Discipline of players? Interaction with the press? Not running up the score?

No TD s in the south end zone what the hell is that about . We need more Balance in our Offense. Yes I sat in the Szone. :roll:

Not having Rep in the booth with the OC as an adviser....things can change though. Coaches can always improve.

The coach critics should be silent. Mick and staff have blended new talent and existing talent into an explosive team. Our opponent was App State and we gave them more than anyone could have dreamed, especially for the first game of the season. Kudos to Mick and his assistant coaches!

The only complaint I have was when we were playing a prevent defense right before half. It never fails when we play soft the other team marches down and puts points on the board. I really really dislike prevent coverages. I hope it doesn't happen again but other than that the coaches called a great game. Well played!

Not really a Complaint, but I would like to see us come out at half and score. 3 and out after half is really going to bite us this year.

the team did not appear to be prepared to come out and execute the offense. the defense didn't successfully use any schemes to get pressure on the quarterback. i could go on, but the bottom line is that satterfield and co did not have the team ready to play at montana.

I'll bite. Ha, and I say this not because I think it will be the same but just as something that comes to mind.

The sample size is too small. Last year we were saying the same thing after the 1st game as well.

argh! said:
the team did not appear to be prepared to come out and execute the offense. the defense didn't successfully use any schemes to get pressure on the quarterback. i could go on, but the bottom line is that satterfield and co did not have the team ready to play at montana.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

grizcountry420 said:
The only complaint I have was when we were playing a prevent defense right before half. It never fails when we play soft the other team marches down and puts points on the board. I really really dislike prevent coverages. I hope it doesn't happen again but other than that the coaches called a great game. Well played!

That was my sense, too. I always hate it when we give up the middle of the field. It feels like playing not to lose and not playing to win. THAT was Bobby Ball IMHO. And I liked the guy.

And draw plays. Or whatever that delay play is. I'm not sure it's gained a single yard (exaggeration, just seems like a low percentage play for the Griz).

GrizGuy said:
grizcountry420 said:

That was my sense, too. I always hate it when we give up the middle of the field. It feels like playing not to lose and not playing to win. THAT was Bobby Ball IMHO. And I liked the guy.

And draw plays. Or whatever that delay play is. I'm not sure it's gained a single yard (exaggeration, just seems like a low percentage play for the Griz).
It sure was working for App State (even when nothing was working for them)

No complaints - just one small suggestion. Several times when we were set on offense and calling very long signals the defense wasn't even lined up and were still trying to get their defensive signals from the sideline. A quick snap and they would have been totally unprepared. It was almost like we were waiting for them to line up. I noticed it a couple times at the game but it was even more apparent watching the replay.

I am very impressed with not only the skill and execution of the team, but the whole ATTITUDE is very visible. Way to go, GRIZ! :clap: :thumb:

JSWNBBY said:
Not really a Complaint, but I would like to see us come out at half and score. 3 and out after half is really going to bite us this year.
I agree, I was worried about the way we started the 3rd qtr. Our second half adjustments were horrible most of last year which bothered me a lot more than the fake punt we gave up against SUU. Also I believe having Jordon does makes it easier to coach. Last year, I felt like our inexperienced QBs was often put in a fail situations, especially with 2nd half play calling. Finally, I am very excited about our D play, but at the same time the APS QB did not have his best receiver, Price is the guy the QB probably has the most unspoken communication with. I don't believe it makes a difference in the outcome, but I do believe it makes a big difference in the flow of the game for Aps offense. I would like to have seen how our coaching staff would have adjusted to his play. I thought BH and RP were both great at making 2nd half adjustments, maybe others can give some thoughts on how MD made adjustments last night.

Granted, after a W like that, it is hard to criticize. I also did not like the prevent defense at the end of the 1st half, and a not so good halftime adjustments. With that said, I love the improvements the coaches made in the offseason. They certainly broke down every aspect of last season. The coaching, play calling, strategy, preparation, and execution was great for any game, let a lone the 1st game of the season.

A criticism I will offer is that after the game was well in hand with the Griz up 30-6 with a few minutes left, Delaney left the starters in, risking chance of injury. It seems like the prudent thing to do was to pull valued starters (JJ, Van, Canada, etc.) and also give backups opportunity for experience.

That may be a nitpicky complaint after a good performance by the team and coaching staff, but you asked.

Too many dumb penalties need to work on that. I did like it when Josh Dennard was flagged for being the neutral zone (he was actually up on the receiver in press coverage). Didn't see enough of that last year.

Personally im reserving 1st impression judgement till the after the UND game. That said, so far im a :D Griz fan!

Latest posts

Back