• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Co-offensive Coordinators

nzone

I was ok with it at first but I'm not convinced with this group of coaches it's working. When it was announced it was made clear that Gragg would be in charge of putting together the running game and would coach the offensive line. As of now neither is consistent and the o line is really under achieving . Hynson was responsible for the passing game which seems to work when JJ can get set and throw. I think Gragg would be better served concentrating on the offensive line and let Hynson and JJ work on game planning. Another point is this is not a power run football team. When Hauck ran it we had the likes of Lex, Green, and Chase. When contact was made the defender ended up on their backs. Our scat backs really get knocked around. It's ok to surprise them to run between the tackles once and awhile but defenses are putting 8 in the box and daring us. Delaney needs to quit the we will run the ball right at you mentality cause its not working-especially now counts is out. I believe Ochs was constantly changing and calling plays.....let JJ be a true field general and win the last 4 games. We have the players!

I think they game plan together and Hynson calls the plays from the box. Not sure. I really think JJ should be as involved as much as possible. Just seems like the offense sputters to me. Something has to change. It's really frustrating to me...can't imagine how the players feel.

I am sure they are frustrated, our offense should be able to go up and down the field with the passing game, and they should be able to get Van some one on one matchups. The Griz playcalling has been very poor at times, and sometimes the play calls, like draws on 3rd and 10 are just give up calls. We have got to spread things out, and use Henderson and Jones and Van as much as possible in one on one situations.

nzone said:
I think they game plan together and Hynson calls the plays from the box. Not sure. I really think JJ should be as involved as much as possible. Just seems like the offense sputters to me. Something has to change. It's really frustrating to me...can't imagine how the players feel.
There was a story in the Missoulian saying something to this effect, the two would game plan and then KH would call plays from the box. I can't seem to find the story now but will search for it later today.

As of right now it's hard to tell if anyone is running the offense. At the game this weekend Gragg wasn't even in the locker room at half time and instead paced the sidelines. During the game he was always at the opposite end of the field from where play was happening and looked to never been involved with any of the play calling. Anyone know if our O-coordinators are feuding?

KH and MD better watch their backs....ask people in the past about Graggs backstabbing of Pflu. Believe me or not I don't care... but I believe the ones in the coaching business that told me all about his antics.

Ursus1 said:
KH and MD better watch their backs....ask people in the past about Graggs backstabbing of Pflu. Believe me or not I don't care... but I believe the ones in the coaching business that told me all about his antics.

:stupid:

garizzalies said:
But our O-line is better suited for pass blocking so the play call does matter
At this point our O-line is not suited very well for doing anything. EWU front line dominated ours,as did NAU's and Cal Poly's.

Ursus1 said:

You are a tool....people in the chat room business told me so and I believe them!

JayLarson said:
Good post, but who is in charge of the play calling?

It appears to be Hynson, comparing his prowess as a OC with his prowess of a ST coach last years, both rather disappointing.

spsyk said:
JayLarson said:
Good post, but who is in charge of the play calling?

It appears to be Hynson, comparing his prowess as a OC with his prowess of a ST coach last years, both rather disappointing.

Ironic, special teams has improved since he went to offensive play calling.

Ursus1 said:

Gragg has an excellent chance at being the next head coach of the Griz. It isn't because he's a backstabber. This isn't Falcon Crest.

One who criticizes the coaches above him to others outside the program is a back stabber to me. This was during Pflu....so I can't say it still happens....but it did (still don't care if you believe me, just giving a more specific time frame).

Back