• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Clay Pierson

behappp

DONOR
I'm not sure if this was discussed previously, but has Clay been injured?
He had some important catches in the comeback win over Cal Poly but didn't play (or at least didn't get any receptions) against EWU.
What's the word on Clay?

The Griz ran the same play in the South endzone against EWU as they did against Cal Poly, the play that scored the tying TD. This time the dunk over the middle didn't hit Pierson.

MrTitleist said:
The Griz ran the same play in the South endzone against EWU as they did against Cal Poly, the play that scored the tying TD. This time the dunk over the middle didn't hit Pierson.
I remember the play but couldn't make out the number from my seat in NEZ

3 Tds against Portland State, the clutch 4th down TD against Cal Poly and targeted only once against EWU - no wonder I thought he might have been injured.

Coaches call the plays, JJ makes the reads. Can't have it both ways. Can't whine about the coaches, but praise JJ. He's the one who either throws it to Pierson or throws it to someone else. Maybe Pierson wasn't actually open very much against EWU. Ever think of that? I trust JJ to throw it to the right guy.

havgrizfan said:
Coaches call the plays, JJ makes the reads. Can't have it both ways. Can't whine about the coaches, but praise JJ. He's the one who either throws it to Pierson or throws it to someone else. Maybe Pierson wasn't actually open very much against EWU. Ever think of that? I trust JJ to throw it to the right guy.

Yeah, a lot of it is a matter of match-ups, defensive schemes as well. Having a LB on a WR instead of an actual CB can persuade the QB to throw it towards ya instead of into double coverage, etc.

MrTitleist said:

and everybody in EWU's coaching circle and 75% of the fans KNEW that we would run this play again. I wonder if the griz coaches know that EWU has the technological capabilities to view film from previous games...

Back