• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classless Weber takes Big Sky facilities to a new low

Silvertip

It's bad enough that Stewart Stadium's field is surrounded by a track - but those half dozen
Porta-Potties that showed up on TV :!: All WSU needs is Cal-Davis' soccer field markings to make it a trifecta... :coffee:

Silvertip said:
It's bad enough that Stewart Stadium's field is surrounded by a track - but those half dozen Porta-Potties that showed up on TV :!: All WSU needs is Cal-Davis' soccer field markings to make it a trifecta... :coffee:

When you play like shit like they do...

You know Montana didnt always have Wa Griz, and Stewart Stadium despite the track and "porta potties" is one of the better Football stadiums in the Big Sky. And on the subject of porta potties, Weber has plans in the works to build a new facility on the north side of the stadium that will have new bathrooms, a Hall of Champions, and an indoor ticket office, closing off the north end of the Stadium. They also plan on digging out the mountain side above the east side of the stadium and putting more permanent bathrooms and more concessions. I have also heard they plan on building a parking structure for the football stadium.

Weber is also getting an indoor training facility which includes an indoor football practice field, a seperate soccer field, and brand new weight rooms for the mens basketball team.

And Weber has the Dee......enough said.

Weber despite being the "community" school you all claim it to be has some of the BEST facilities in the conference, heck, how long did it take the great Wa Griz to even get permanent lights?

WILDCATFAN said:
You know Montana didnt always have Wa Griz, and Stewart Stadium despite the track and "porta potties" is one of the better Football stadiums in the Big Sky. And on the subject of porta potties, Weber has plans in the works to build a new facility on the north side of the stadium that will have new bathrooms, a Hall of Champions, and an indoor ticket office, closing off the north end of the Stadium. They also plan on digging out the mountain side above the east side of the stadium and putting more permanent bathrooms and more concessions. I have also heard they plan on building a parking structure for the football stadium.

Weber is also getting an indoor training facility which includes an indoor football practice field, a seperate soccer field, and brand new weight rooms for the mens basketball team.

Weber despite being the "community" school you all claim it to be has some of the BEST facilities in the conference, heck, how long did it take the great Wa Griz to even get permanent lights?

Im guessing this will be a very small facility, maybe the Griz will donate some of our BigSky conf basketball Championships to help you guys fill that sucker out, because lord knows you've been our bitch in that sport the last few years also.

Funny that a thread calling a university "classless" needlessly rips on their stadium and facilities. I'd argue this thread is much more classless than Weber State University, or their football stadium. But what do I know.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Im guessing this will be a very small facility, maybe the Griz will donate some of our BigSky conf basketball Championships to help you guys fill that sucker out, because lord knows you've been our bitch in that sport the last few years also.
badlands is obviously a youngster...... better check your stats, 19 vs 9, weber has owned the big sky in mens basketball.

CatzWillRise said:
Funny that a thread calling a university "classless" needlessly rips on their stadium and facilities. I'd argue this thread is much more classless than Weber State University, or their football stadium. But what do I know.

Agreed.

Wildcat tell me what stadiums are worse then Stewart? None of them. Your bathrooms and concessions stink. A track around it makes it like a high school.

bobcatozzy said:
Wildcat tell me what stadiums are worse then Stewart? None of them. Your bathrooms and concessions stink. A track around it makes it like a high school.

Trivia question for you : how many BSC teams have a track around their field?

Are you that upset about porta potties? Calm yourself.

Catz i didn't say anything about the portas did I? Im just trying to figure out wildcats claim to have one of the best football facilities in the Big Sky. In my opinion I would rank Stewart field in the bottom third in football facilities being they have minimal parking spaces. The setting is amazing looking up at the mountains. But other then that they have nothing on a majority of the other stadiums around the Big Sky.

bobcatozzy said:
Catz i didn't say anything about the portas did I? Im just trying to figure out wildcats claim to have one of the best football facilities in the Big Sky. In my opinion I would rank Stewart field in the bottom third in football facilities being they have minimal parking spaces. The setting is amazing looking up at the mountains. But other then that they have nothing on a majority of the other stadiums around the Big Sky.

You're seriously ranking that stadium in the bottom third just because they don't have adequate parking? Ok... :roll:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

You do know that there are more sports than football and basketball right? true the two mentioned are the money makers, but they aren't building the hall of champions just for those two sports, they are dedicating it to all 106 Weber State Big Sky Championships.

Thats right in case you didn't know Weber State has more BSC titles than anyone else.

Weber State- 106
Northern Arizona- 92
Montana- 85
Idaho- 57
Idaho State- 49
Boise State- 46
Montana State- 44
Sacramento State- 41
Nevada- 16
Eastern Washington- 14
Portland State- 14
Cal State Northridge- 11
Gonzaga- 6
Northern Colorado- 4
Cal Poly- 1

WILDCATFAN said:

I wish I had the "Dee", whatever the fuck that is.

bobcatozzy said:

1. Montana
2. Montana State
3. Portland State
4. Sacramento State
5. Weber State
6. Northern Arizona
7. Eastern Washington
8. North Dakota
9. Cal Poly
10. UC Davis
11. Idaho State
12. Southern Utah