• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CHIEF!!!

JayLarson

Anthony Goodwin did as good a job as you can do on covering PSU's big, strong receiver, and he had 2 picks to top off an excellent game by him. He can go back to being called just Chief!
Great job today :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I thought he did great today covering Dean. I'm sure he'd like to have the 70 yard TD pass back, I thought he played great today and enjoyed watching him get in Deans ear all day long. That guy likes to talk...

Jaredkuehn said:
I thought he did great today covering Dean. I'm sure he'd like to have the 70 yard TD pass back, I thought he played great today and enjoyed watching him get in Deans ear all day long. That guy likes to talk...
Denard was covering that one, IIRC.

uofmman1122 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
Beat me to it.

uofmman1122 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
Oh, could be. I just saw a giant number 1 streaking for the end zone. Either way, Goodwin looked great and batted down a lot of passes today.

He played short coverage really well. Still makes me cross my fingers when he gets stretched downfield. I will say the refs let the db's play pretty agressive. Clappy hands to the referees on that note.

Edit: was a big boy interception he made.

Chief needs to turn around and look for the ball. Many times today the ball would be coming at home and he'd have no idea because his back was turned the whole time. He was terrific covering PSUs big guy in the redzone, but other times today he could have been burned very easily because he had no clue the ball was coming.

MrTitleist said:
Chief needs to turn around and look for the ball. Many times today the ball would be coming at home and he'd have no idea because his back was turned the whole time. He was terrific covering PSUs big guy in the redzone, but other times today he could have been burned very easily because he had no clue the ball was coming.
We have to take any good plays that we get with this secondary.

MrTitleist said:

This reminds me of Calvin Coleman.

Solid showing by Goodwin (I refuse to call him chief). But god damn I miss the days of Trumaine and Roots, having two shutdown corners really frees up everyone's responsibilities.

Back