• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Check out the Sports Illustrated poll

To bad Grambling doesn't participate in the playoffs, so there is no way they can actually be number 1.

edit---

Ya beat me to the punch grizbear. I wonder if SI even realizes this. Their pick will never come to be.

Grambling and that whole conference are lacking credibility in my book since they don't participate in the playoffs.

62Griz. You nailed it. If I remember right, last years McTeam made Grambling look like a Div II team.

Grambling has the luxury of not having to prove itself.
The program is good(not great like i consider UM, or GSU) and
attracts some good talent. I think if they played for a NC they might attract even better talent.

This season the only teams they play that have much talent are San Jose(a 1-a weak sister) and McNeese(who should beat Grambling) other than that they've got a weak schedule-IMHO.

SI needs to do some research if they're even gonna bother with a poll.

They'll have two losses by mid season and that will make SI look dumb. Grambling is already 0-1 because they won't beat San Jose State at Spartan Stadium in their opening game.

JahGriz said:
Ya beat me to the punch grizbear. I wonder if SI even realizes this. Their pick will never come to be.

I think fifty or seventy or however many years of being consecutively wrong about picking college football champions has clued them in. I would hope so anyway.

SI just makes their picks to sell magazines. Remember a couple years ago when they picked Oregon State to win it all? And I highly doubt they have an experienced team of the best I-AA writers on the beat, but Grambling is popular around the country, so they get to be #1. That's how it works.

Back