• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CFL CUTS

conradgriz

Just saw where Brodie got released from the Roughriders this past weekend. I sure hope he gets picked up by another team.

conradgriz said:
Just saw where Brodie got released from the Roughriders this past weekend. I sure hope he gets picked up by another team.

Aw man... :mad:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Levi Horn's FB page suggested he's going to call it quits for now as well in the CFL - had a practice squad option but it doesn't financially work for his family.

BWahlberg said:
Levi Horn's FB page suggested he's going to call it quits for now as well in the CFL - had a practice squad option but it doesn't financially work for his family.

I wonder how he'd do coaching?

Wow. I wonder if it's getting more competitive up there or something? I would have thought those guys would have made rosters for sure. Also thought Bobcat players Jody Owens and Elvis Akpla would have been locks as well but they both got cut also.

GrizMusician said:
BWahlberg said:

I wonder how he'd do coaching?

I wonder, he did do some camps for kids this summer.

CFL teams are really lean. The first thing that really sticks out at a CFL game is how few players are on the sideline. And there are limits to the number of Americans you can have on a roster.
I would have thought McKnight, as talented as he is and being Canadian, would have been a keeper.

griz4life said:
CFL teams are really lean. The first thing that really sticks out at a CFL game is how few players are on the sideline. And there are limits to the number of Americans you can have on a roster.
I would have thought McKnight, as talented as he is and being Canadian, would have been a keeper.

Seemed like a no-brainer.

Horn has a good job offer as sports director at a native treatment center in the midwest. Too bad he couldn't keep at it, because their tackle is planning to retire next year. He had a good run at UM and the NFL.

Well, the CFL isn't a rinky-dink place to play. I enjoy watching the CFL, and it looks to me that quite a few would be NFL caliber if given the shot. Not only FCS players up there, but some FBS too. Good football.

Back