• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats to play Mercyhurst

mthoopsfan

Looks like a D2 moving up. 2-9 last season. Lost to Ferris St last season by 12-54. Replacement game for SFA which cancelled home-and-home series.

"It’s official: Mercyhurst is joining the NCAA’s Northeast Conference in Fall 2024! We're so proud that our competitive academic and athletic reputation has positioned us to seize this opportunity."

Pretty tough situation for the cats. Honestly the fact that they were able to find another FCS team this late in the year is nothing short of a miracle. If they didn’t get these guys, they may have been left playing one of the MT NAIA teams

My neighbor was just bragging about how awesome of a year his bubcats have had and he started talking about a bunch of non-football related crap.

Hand to god, one of the things he cited was a national championship in “goat roping”.

I had to interrupt and stop him. “Did you just say goat roping?”

“Yes, national champion.”

Could not make that up if I wanted to.

The bigger news is the component of SFA back to the Southland. Don’t know what that means for the WAC, but I would assume Tarlton will follow suit to solidify the Texas/Louisiana region and enlarge the Southland.

Could we see the footprint of the Big Sky increase again soon? None of us want to see the league any bigger, but with the unrest given constant realignment at the upper division and potential fallout from litigation it seems that teams may want to unite to decrease the hit to their budget. This train is just getting going, “Hold on to your butts”.

Can only imagine what’s going on behind the scenes with the PAC 2 and MWC behind closed doors.

The bigger news is the component of SFA back to the Southland. Don’t know what that means for the WAC, but I would assume Tarlton will follow suit to solidify the Texas/Louisiana region and enlarge the Southland.

Could we see the footprint of the Big Sky increase again soon? None of us want to see the league any bigger, but with the unrest given constant realignment at the upper division and potential fallout from litigation it seems that teams may want to unite to decrease the hit to their budget. This train is just getting going, “Hold on to your butts”.

Can only imagine what’s going on behind the scenes with the PAC 2 and MWC behind closed doors.
Why not see the league any bigger? If there’re teams that make sense I wouldn’t categorically oppose expansion.

I often think to myself that Southern Utah probably regrets leaving the Big Sky. If the WAC implodes I don’t think we’ll take them back

OIP.0jsBF4-cl2XtLm9LCVmdvAHaHc

Like Space Shuttles, Alabama attains its orbit and completes it's missions. Idaho is like Challenger, blowing up shortly after launch.

Fullerton added numbers, but lacked quality. The ACC booted out Duke, Syracuse, Boston College, and Wake Forrest for not being football worthy. I favor that approach, get rid of the deadwood first. Then, maybe add the likes of Ferris State and Central Washington.

The football world is in too much flux at the moment. Montana scats, NDSU, and SDSU are going to end up somewhere, whether we like it or not. Like growing up, suppertime, I'd say 'I don't like that,' only to be told, 'Shut up and eat it!'(or else...). Not implying any of you ever sounded like that, of course.

Latest posts

Back