• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats new logo debut!

Buttegrizzle

DONOR
I know y'all will be watching the Mariner game on ROOT tonight to see the unavailing of the new Cat.
Or not.

What are you talking about. We all know what the new Cat Logo looks like. They are unveiling the new Unis at noon today.

SACCAT66 said:
What are you talking about. We all know what the new Cat Logo looks like. They are unveiling the new Unis at noon today.

Sneak peak of the new Cat uniforms.

Halloween-Costume-Witch-outfit-cat-girl-Cosplay-cat-ladies-Uniform-Party-DS-costumes.jpg

969672_604396212914251_1282436565_n.jpg

There was a big unveiling for this?? Other than the way-too-big-for-the-helmet "M" and the ridiculous 'bobcat' down the pants, are they any different than last year's uni's??

EverettGriz said:

There was a big unveiling for this?? Other than the way-too-big-for-the-helmet "M" and the ridiculous 'bobcat' down the pants, are they any different than last year's uni's??

I agree. I'm not that impressed with the look, but it's not terrible either.

I don't hate 'em either. I don't like the M on the lid and the wording down the pants is just silly. But the uni's themselves look nice. I just don't think they're dramatically different than last year's.

After the fanfare with the new logo, youd of thought it would have been placed on the shoulder/hip somewhere. Don't really care for the "BOBCATS" down the leg, but like the all white and all blue unis. Cant say much for the mixed home/away unis.

My bad, I see from the home uni portion of the pic that theyll have their new logo on their balls. :thumb:

While I'm not saying that I am a huge fan of the uni's (because anything blue and gold makes me violently ill), I do see what the athletic dept is going for, and that is BRANDING. You can't help but know who the team is when you see them on t.v.. The Montana State Bobcats is prominently displayed. They are going after more name recognition. And i believe these jerseys accomplish that goal. So from a marketing standpoint, they did a good job.

Edited 1 time for a one letter typo. :)

ya overall i'm happy with them. gonna take me some time to get on board with that crazy looking m. like the uniform changes and I really like the all whites. very clean looking. stupid m.... :oops:

IntuitiveGriz said:
While I'm not saying that I am a huge fan of the uni's (because anything blue and gold makes me violently ill), I do see what the athletic dept is going for, and that is BRANDING. You can't help but know who the team is when you see them on t.v.. The Montana State Bobcats is prominently displayed. They are going after more name recognition. And i believe these jerseys accomplish that goal. So from a marketing standpoint, they did a good job.

Another point I am taking away from this marketing (because that is what uniforms are, a walking billboard for a university) is that cats are displaying a large M on the helmet rather than MSU...I feel that is an attempt to be known/branded as THE team in Montana. :roll: You don't see Michigan State (or the likes of) doing the same thing.

The M on the helmet is a negative, in my view, as it's confusing. It should correctly read MSU.

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Another point I am taking away from this marketing (because that is what uniforms are, a walking billboard for a university) is that cats are displaying a large M on the helmet rather than MSU...I feel that is an attempt to be known/branded as THE team in Montana. :roll: You don't see Michigan State (or the likes of) doing the same thing.

The M on the helmet is a negative, in my view, as it's confusing. It should correctly read MSU.

A. There is a ton of history with the M. We weren't always Montana State, you know?
B. It irratates you guys, and who doesn't love that fact?
C. The M was brought back in 2000 by Kramer, and have had only two losing seasons since then (00 and 01). It has a winning tradition associated with it.

I couldn't care less about uniforms but these new cat suits are absolutely horrific. I guess this is what happens when you get dropped by Nike.

With all the cool stuff going on out there with uniforms I have to say this is pretty disappointing. I like the Bobcats on the pants, but there were so many awesome ways for them to go. I hope we do a better job of updating than this on ours.

They got Fabio to sport their fresh gear...coool

Don't look much different to me but I never really studied the last ones.
Should say house cats down the pants in light of the new logo...

I don't care for anything MSU, but the reason no one can hate the jerseys is because there's nothing to them. They are very boring.

Neat and clean, I like the wording down the leg. The logo change isn't a whole new thing - just matching up with some other styles we see.

Overall not bad. I don't see what's not to like about them, other than they're bobcat jerseys (ha). They kept saying that the change wasn't going to be dramatic. These seem fine to me, I like the looks of the road jerseys the most.

grizfan95 said:
SACCAT66 said:

Sneak peak of the new Cat uniforms.

Halloween-Costume-Witch-outfit-cat-girl-Cosplay-cat-ladies-Uniform-Party-DS-costumes.jpg

If these are the cheerleader uni's - I just became a Can't fan. Wait a minute - if they look like all the other girls at moo U - those uni's better be extra large.

Back