• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats buy hats

IzzyGriz

A co-worker just told me that one of his Bobcat friends bought a case of UM hats. He took them home and had someone stitch a "D" and "B" before and after the "UM" and he sold them all at a Cat game for $30.00 each. Those Cat fans are obsessed with Griz....

Thanks for supporting the Griz with your money, kitties, while at the same time highlighting your unhealthy inferiority complex that permeates the entire town of bozo.

I couldn't buy a case of MSU hats and spend time remaking them. I just don't give Cats much thought, money or time.

KMD, there's two glaring differences. Cat fans are buying UM licensed apparel to deface and resell, thereby supporting UM with their money. Cat fans are also selling them at non-Griz games. At least in Missoula we wouldn't buy kitty gear to deface and resell, and we certainly wouldn't sell Griz-cat shwag unless it was Griz- cat.

I see. You buy only non-licensed apparel and wait till the day of Cat/Griz to sell them. Good sales strategy.

Jesus you are all a bunch of whiny bi*ches, get over it this is what a rivalry is all about. Why should anybody get butthurt over their rival making fun of their team? OMG... Guess what a Cat fan bought um hats and put a D and a M on it to say dumb. A bunch of soft pathetic teen age girls you are.

SoldierCat said:
Jesus you are all a bunch of whiny bi*ches, get over it this is what a rivalry is all about. Why should anybody get butthurt over their rival making fun of their team? OMG... Guess what a Cat fan bought um hats and put a D and a M on it to say dumb. A bunch of soft pathetic teen age girls you are.
Sorry to correct you, but that would be a "D" and a "B" hmmmm

I have no problem with idea of the hat. I've never really thought the DumB thing was very clever. But you guys do what you do. I think the points a couple posters were trying to make is, the extremities of the rivalry are an every weekend thing for MSU, for example: The guy that burns a stuffed bear at EVERY MSU home game and the Eat S--T Griz chant going on in the stands when the Cats are playing Colorado-Mesa, Northern Arizona, Monmouth and UC Davis this season. Yes, the same types of things occur at UM in regards to MSU, but they occur the week of the game against the Cats, not every single day of the year. When I'm in Wash-Griz, I'm not thinking about the UM/MSU rivalry that is still months away.

rgrizfan said:
SoldierCat said:
Sorry to correct you, but that would be a "D" and a "B" hmmmm

Yup your correct my bad :thumb:

havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with idea of the hat. I've never really thought the DumB thing was very clever. But you guys do what you do. I think the points a couple posters were trying to make is, the extremities of the rivalry are an every weekend thing for MSU, for example: The guy that burns a stuffed bear at EVERY MSU home game and the Eat S--T Griz chant going on in the stands when the Cats are playing Colorado-Mesa, Northern Arizona, Monmouth and UC Davis this season. Yes, the same types of things occur at UM in regards to MSU, but they occur the week of the game against the Cats, not every single day of the year. When I'm in Wash-Griz, I'm not thinking about the UM/MSU rivalry that is still months away. Maybe MSU fans are just better at this hate thing. I can live with that.

Don't know where your coming up with the Eat S--T Griz chant at every game when we're not playing you guys. I've been to every game in the student section and have only heard it during the Cat griz game. Maybe their are some isolated incidents of this happening, but I honestly haven't heard anything.

It happens at every game. A kid I coached a few years ago who knows how diehard a Griz fan I am sent me a video of it happening at the Mesa game.

havgrizfan said:
It happens at every game. A kid I coached a few years ago who knows how diehard a Griz fan I am sent me a video of it happening at the Mesa game.

So... the Mesa game means it happens at every game. I know you guys would love to think we are that obsessed with um, but thats definitely not the case. Throughout every game the announcers give score updates on all Big Sky Conference games, I feel that these incidents if they did happen are probably only after the announcer gives a score of a game the griz are in.

SoldierCat said:
havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with idea of the hat. I've never really thought the DumB thing was very clever. But you guys do what you do. I think the points a couple posters were trying to make is, the extremities of the rivalry are an every weekend thing for MSU, for example: The guy that burns a stuffed bear at EVERY MSU home game and the Eat S--T Griz chant going on in the stands when the Cats are playing Colorado-Mesa, Northern Arizona, Monmouth and UC Davis this season. Yes, the same types of things occur at UM in regards to MSU, but they occur the week of the game against the Cats, not every single day of the year. When I'm in Wash-Griz, I'm not thinking about the UM/MSU rivalry that is still months away. Maybe MSU fans are just better at this hate thing. I can live with that.

Don't know where your coming up with the Eat S--T Griz chant at every game when we're not playing you guys. I've been to every game in the student section and have only heard it during the Cat griz game. Maybe their are some isolated incidents of this happening, but I honestly haven't heard anything.

I live near Bozo, and I just don't even care about going to thier games. I had a friend offer me 40yd line tickets to the Scats game, the week after we lost to NAU. I was like HELL NO! "I want to see if the Griz can regain their composure, thanks but no thanks buddy!"

I don't know if they still have skydivers coming into their games, but after the one game I saw, I was this is enough of this! You really have to "Copy-Cat" us on everything, you can't make your own traditons??

Soldier, it doesn't matter. Your fans are free Americans who have the right to chant watever the hell they want during games. I don't have any problem with it. But what's the difference at what point in the game it's happening, it's still happening. Anyway, I don't think either of the rituals I listed offend any Griz fans. They don't offend me for sure and I've actually seen the burning of the bear before. But while I'm not offended by any of it, I also won't really pretend to understand it either.

Back