• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat Scrimmage

NLGrizFan

I just seen some clips on the KULR8 News about the cats scrimage and I can't decide for myself if their offense has gone south with bad snap after bad snap after TeRriBlE snap, missed FGs, incomplete passes, runs for 0 gain, or their D has stepped up. From the looks of it, their offense kinda sucked.

I don't know if this is a trash talk thread or an attempt at an honest assesment. Never-the-less, I looked at MSU's roster and saw the Cats have the returning Big Sky Conference Player of the Year at QB. My guess is, their offense will be just fine come late August.

havgrizfan said:
I don't know if this is a trash talk thread or an attempt at an honest assesment. Never-the-less, I looked at MSU's roster and saw the Cats have the returning Big Sky Conference Player of the Year at QB. My guess is, their offense will be just fine come late August.

I think they like going vanilla early too. :lol: :thumb:
Anyone that is worried about any team from a spring scrimmage, needs some help. :thumb:

havgrizfan said:

Good point HGF. DM is one hell of an athlete, but truthfully I think their line continues to be a major concern. Good thing DM can scramble.

Billings crew worked the scrimmage, said the D was in the backfield most of the time. With that said, they'll be fine in the BSC. DM will be a force to be reckoned with.......until the playoffs.

No, I wasn't tryin to trash talk I just watched the news and seen how they played. Their O line looked terrible compared to last year but it is only spring ball. They looked completely out of sequence and very rough. Personally though... I'd rather watch an EWU scrimmage until the Griz get back into it.

Hav--why don't you try watching the scrimmage before calling out posters on here? Everyone knows the kitties have a problem with their OL. Will they get it worked out? Probably, but that doesn't mean that NL was being mean to the poor kitties. One given is that their OL knows how to hold and not get caught, sure back up if they can't figure it out how to correctly pass block.

Griz scored 1 TD in their first scrimmage and their patch-work OL was shoved around by the D-line as well.

Not sure if "we" have much "smack" to go on here... IMHO

BWahlberg said:
Griz scored 1 TD in their first scrimmage and their patch-work OL was shoved around by the D-line as well.

Not sure if "we" have much "smack" to go on here... IMHO
Spring scrimmages almost always favor the defense. It is easier to react
than it is to make it happen especially with new faces on the field and off.
Next year should be pretty exciting on both sides of the bumps. :thumb:

If they don't get their center figured out, the Griz and the rest of the BSC is gonna have a hay day chasing McGhee around with them bobbled snaps. OucH. I'm sure they'll get it figured out tho. Still got, what, 4 months or so...
I don't post anything over here to start problems. I like all of you guys LoL!!

The center QB exchange is rough. Mac is trying out different possibilities of combinations of personnel to get the best look. Plus there's a new offense... again.

I'm not worried in the slightest. Its spring ball. This is the time to work that stuff out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

NLGrizFan said:
No, I wasn't tryin to trash talk I just watched the news and seen how they played. Their O line looked terrible compared to last year but it is only spring ball. They looked completely out of sequence and very rough. Personally though... I'd rather watch an EWU scrimmage until the Griz get back into it.
Last years bobcat o-line was a bunch of frontier conference level freshman being pushed around by everyone. I was amazed the cats did as well as they did with that pathetic small and weak o-line last year. They will certainly be better this year up front. They have a couple of transfers from last year that will be able to play and the freshman from last year have a year of lifting and being pushed around under their belt. I am not saying they will have a great o-line but they will be better than what they put out their last year.

After hearing the reports of bad snaps 6 months prior to the season in spring ball and the certainity of it not getting fixed, I've decided to turn my season tickets back in. Hopefully the lady at the window won't drop them when I hand them over... :(

OptimusPrime said:
After hearing the reports of bad snaps 6 months prior to the season in spring ball and the certainity of it not getting fixed, I've decided to turn my season tickets back in. Hopefully the lady at the window won't drop them when I hand them over... :(

:? Uh...OK, good for you! Realize that most over here don't care though! ;) I guess if we have to hear anything from a kitty fan on egriz, it might as well be a kitty subject! :thumb:

grizrgood said:
OptimusPrime said:

:? Uh...OK, good for you! Realize that most over here don't care though! ;) I guess if we have to hear anything from a kitty fan on egriz, it might as well be a kitty subject! :thumb:
Uh, you guys started this thread.... so... you do care?

Latest posts

Back