• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can We Somehow Get Past Engstrom?

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
Yeah, I know, he's pure evil. He fired our buddies Jim O'Day and Robin Pflugrad, he didn't cheerlead for Jordan Johnson, he's personally responsible for enrollment declines, he didn't fight the big bad NCAA, all the big-wig donors hate his guts, he hates sports, he's putting the campus expansion in all the wrong places, etc. etc. etc.

But, for the love of god, can we just quit bitching about him?

Why do I say this? Here are a few reasons:

1. Bitching will not help. He's not going to quit. The Regents aren't going to fire him.

2. Jim O'Day and Robin Pflugrad will not be back. Even if O'Day successfully sues the University, he doen't get his job back.

3. All the complaining reflects poorly on the University. It makes us look stupid.

4. It won't help.

5. It won't help.

Here's an idea: Let's ignore Engstrom. Let's marginalize him. Let's forget about him. Wait, that's actually three ideas.

AllWeatherFan said:
Yeah, I know, he's pure evil. He fired our buddies Jim O'Day and Robin Pflugrad, he didn't cheerlead for Jordan Johnson, he's personally responsible for enrollment declines, he didn't fight the big bad NCAA, all the big-wig donors hate his guts, he hates sports, he's putting the campus expansion in all the wrong places, etc. etc. etc.

But, for the love of god, can we just quit bitching about him?

Why do I say this? Here are a few reasons:

1. Bitching will not help. He's not going to quit. The Regents aren't going to fire him.

2. Jim O'Day and Robin Pflugrad will not be back. Even if O'Day successfully sues the University, he doen't get his job back.

3. All the complaining reflects poorly on the University. It makes us look stupid.

4. It won't help.

5. It won't help.

Here's an idea: Let's ignore Engstrom. Let's marginalize him. Let's forget about him. Wait, that's actually three ideas.

The bitching is not going to go away. It does in fact help, as it will eventually likely lead to Engstrom no longer being the president. The drumbeat will continue and probably increase. A suit by O'Day? A suit by Kemp? Dateline story (Dateline's in town right now). Further declines in enrollment? Further loss of funding for UM? Further complaining by the faculty? Loss of credibility on the location of the College of Technology?

dupuyer griz said:
I wish everyone could quit bitching about other people bitching...

I wish people could quit bitching about people who bitch about other people bitching. There, is that helping?

'68griz said:
Excuse me, AWF, but bitching may help -- after all, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I don't know exactly what grease you're expecting, but I am confident it'll be a long wait, six-eight.

Bitch away folks, I bitch all the time so who am I to tell people not too..though I agree with All Weather on two points. 1. Engstrom isn't resigning no matter the bitching and the current B.O.R. isn't going to remove him no matter the bad publicity.

And not to worry All Weather, unless the Griz score 205 points, hold Appy to -100 yards of offense, Lider boots a 95-yard field goal and Mick Delaney is already presented with the Big Sky Coach of the Year award after one game, the bitching will shift in a whole different direction on Saturday night/Sunday morning on this board. Well, unless people blame Engstrom for those things not happening too I guess.

AWF, if you can't see the connection between complaining about Royce Engstrom and winning football games on Saturdays this season, then I don't know if we can help you. The former clearly aids the latter.

CDAGRIZ said:
AWF, if you can't see the connection between complaining about Royce Engstrom and winning football games on Saturdays this season, then I don't know if we can help you. The former clearly aids the latter.

Wait, weren't we 5-6 last year? There was more bitching than you could shake a stick at! :cry:

havgrizfan said:
And not to worry All Weather, unless the Griz score 205 points, hold Appy to -100 yards of offense, Lider boots a 95-yard field goal and Mick Delaney is already presented with the Big Sky Coach of the Year award after one game, the bitching will shift in a whole different direction on Saturday night/Sunday morning on this board. Well, unless people blame Engstrom for those things not happening too I guess.

Good point, havgriz!

engstrom is a fumbling, incompetent idiot!

I'm and alum and won't donate a penny to UM while he is there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :!:

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wait, weren't we 5-6 last year? There was more bitching than you could shake a stick at! :cry:

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

AllWeatherFan said:
I forget - can I be sued for that, now that I've been informed that it's, like, my opinion (man)?

Almost certainly not. But . . .

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

Back