• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly, EWU,Sac St Stretch

bigkid

Well-known member
DONOR
That is a very tough 3 game stretch and to win 2 of 3 shows this team has character. I'm ok with everything they have done. When the season started everyone knew that was a very difficult stretch and IMO we weathered the storm. Yes things need to get worked out but all in all we have done ok. On to usd and get a win against a mvc team, beat weber at home and on to bozeman. I like our chances of making the playoffs at this point. :thumb:
Go Griz!!
 
For some reason, despite the fact most people would have said before the season started that they'd be tickled with 7-2 after 9 games, now most on egriz seem disappointed. Go figure.
 
Both wins were border line miracles if you ask me. They almost pulled off a hat trick against EWU. I for one am damn happy to see the Griz at 7-2 heading to South Dakota they could very easily have lost all of those game.
 
People are unhappy because we should only have one loss, NAU. EWU should have been a 2 possession game in favor of montana
 
I'm still thinking this team will start putting an entire game together and we will be hot just in time for the playoffs! :thumb:
 
Our season ended on October 20th last year after back to back losses to mediocre Big Sky teams.

This year it's November 3rd and we are in good shape to make the playoffs provided we win 2 of the next 3 games.

Hard not to be pleased at least with our record at this point. Hard also not to be a bit frustrated with how we very well could have beaten EWU here... that 4th and 1 call still has me wondering what could have been.

Hard also not to be a bit worried about our defense. I think BWahlberg in his writeup on the Sac game illustrated that point fairly well.

Still overall I'd say this season has gone much better than I expected after last years debacle loaded with WTF moments out on the field. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season I probably would've guessed we'd have 4 losses by now and end up 7-5 over all.
 
trust me everyone is happy with our current record, we just know it should be at least one win better, vs ewu. The NAU game was a deserved loss :grenade:
 
AZGrizFan said:
For some reason, despite the fact most people would have said before the season started that they'd be tickled with 7-2 after 9 games, now most on egriz seem disappointed. Go figure.

Wanna Hear Some Fucked Up Egriz LogiC?

-Last year we were so good we could have won some of the close ones.
-This year we are so bad we could have lost some of the close ones.

:? WTF

Guess blowout wins are THE ONLY thing that will please the mob... :protesst: :roll:
 
pussycatkillerz said:
AZGrizFan said:
For some reason, despite the fact most people would have said before the season started that they'd be tickled with 7-2 after 9 games, now most on egriz seem disappointed. Go figure.

Wanna Hear Some f***[*] Up Egriz LogiC?

-Last year we were so good we could have won some of the close ones.
-This year we are so bad we could have lost some of the close ones.

:? WTF

Guess blowout wins are THE ONLY thing that will please the mob... :protesst: :roll:

Except the same people aren't saying those two different things, so that's a bit of a straw man you're setting up there to knock down.

I think most people who are still worried a bit about this year would agree that last year we were not good, even though we probably should have pulled off a win against EWU. We were tied for 8th in the Big Sky. We finished behind NORTHERN COLORADO ffs... :puke:

This year we've exceeded many people's expectations so far and that's great! If we can pick up a win against South Dakota next weekend then it's looking real good for us making the playoffs. I'm sure most people would agree that's quite the improvement even if we did have some close calls along the way.
 
pussycatkillerz said:
AZGrizFan said:
For some reason, despite the fact most people would have said before the season started that they'd be tickled with 7-2 after 9 games, now most on egriz seem disappointed. Go figure.

Wanna Hear Some f***[*] Up Egriz LogiC?

-Last year we were so good we could have won some of the close ones.
-This year we are so bad we could have lost some of the close ones.

:? WTF

Guess blowout wins are THE ONLY thing that will please the mob... :protesst: :roll:

We just consider lucky wins as should be losses, as in, it shouldn't be that close to begin with

Go Gr1zz :finger:
 
One thing I've noticed is that we have the tendency to evaluate some of our earlier championship runs as teams that were completely unstoppable and thus represent a benchmark. Forgetting of course that there were quite a games, Central Washington in 2008, UC Davis in both '08 and '09, ISU in '09, PSU in '11 and others where we won pretty ugly, much like today's win. (Not to mention in those years except '11, we weren't facing QBs like McGhee, Adams, Safron and others).
 
B_Kross said:
One thing I've noticed is that we have the tendency to evaluate some of our earlier championship runs as teams that were completely unstoppable and thus represent a benchmark. Forgetting of course that there were quite a games, Central Washington in 2008, UC Davis in both '08 and '09, ISU in '09, PSU in '11 and others where we won pretty ugly, much like today's win. (Not to mention in those years except '11, we weren't facing QBs like McGhee, Adams, Safron and others).


This
+1
 
Back
Top