• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bush White House versus Grizzly Football

Sweetwyne

While I generally like both of these groups; I am wondering which entiity is tighter lipped. Bobby Hauck is terrified that someone will figure out the Grizzlies stretching routine.

I can see why he is concerned about security (like keeping secret the veer) but give me a freakin' break. Someone tell BH that this is not the PAC-10 or big time like he makes it out to be. Why alieante or rub the die hards the wrong way.

Close practice for the Bobcats and Idaho. Anything else, give me a break.

I think there is alot on the line, every game matters this year. Can't blame him for doing what he's doing.

And... he and the rest of the staff are learning as they go along.

I am all for the way Hauck is doing it. I am more concerned about winning than about a few die hards missing some practices.

I don't want other teams to know what's coming to them, plain and simple. If some Griz fans don't understand that, they need to realize it's for the better. I believe that Coach Hauck works for the team alone, not for boosters, administrators, Wayne Hogan, etc.

I for one don't mind missing the practices. If Coach Hauck thinks thats what he needs to do to get a leg up on the competition, well, more power to him.

I'd rather miss a few practices and be surprised on gameday with a new twist in the game plan and a win, than feel some precious "right" of mine has been stripped by a first year Head Coach and a loss.

Sweetwyne said:
this is not the PAC-10 or big time like he makes it out to be
Sorry, but for most this IS the big time. Who cares about the PAC-10? I'll take the Griz ANYTIME over them because in Montana they ARE the big time. GO BOBBY AND THE BOYS!

Sorry, but for most this IS the big time. Who cares about the PAC-10? I'll take the Griz ANYTIME over them because in Montana they ARE the big time. GO BOBBY AND THE BOYS!

DAMN grizfanatic! I was going to say that! (Or close to it!) Read through the entire thread just to have someone steal my thunder!! :D

It's nice talking about what people see in practice but it seems to me that it's really not that much more accurate than what people speculate about without watching practice. I personally don't care one way or another about practices being open or closed.

I'm all for the closed practices as it seems to be getting results. Unfortunately there are still leaks. On this board and the UGFB there weres posts of the freshman qb's along with the veer before the Idaho game.

I dont mind the closed practices.

BUT, it isn't rocket science. Is BH afraid the other team will learn that the OC only runs a handfull of plays and that if the TE goes in motion its nearly always a run play?

I guess looking at it that way, itsa good thing they close the practices. :D

To make a big deal either way about closed practices is pretty silly. Its the coach's right to close them...but i really doubt Cal poly sent someone up to "spy" and if they did, it would stiil be very easy to view what goes on in these closed practices. Unless the practices are indoors things can be seen by those that REALLY want to.

I wonder how we ever won before without closed practices.

also, do you guys think we should exchange tapes with other teams during the play offs? I recall everyone being quite upset that Iowa refused.

I say all this as a devil's advocate of sorts as I don't go to practice, and i figure we find out what we need to know at game time. On the other hand if Hauck spends too much time worrying about things other than football specificly that isn't good.

also, do you guys think we should exchange tapes with other teams during the play offs? I recall everyone being quite upset that Iowa refused.

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. It is very beneficial to see what other teams are going to do because rarely does a team completely change it's entire offense each game, except when we did against Idaho. But that's not the norm. I remember even playing in highschool, a lot of times you could see plays developing just like you saw them on game film and could react much quicker. (Of course that's where a reverse will kill you) My thoughts are, maybe it would be better not to exchange with anybody. We have enough coaches and people that can do out of state tapeing for us. I think it would be a bigger blow to other schools. I guess it's the sportsman thing to do, but it sure pisses me off when we send tapes and other schools don't :mad: .

Closing practices just underlines the continuing paranoia shown by this staff. It has been an underlying issue since day-one. This edition of the Griz football team plays uptight and confused. Have you ever seen so many illegal procedure penalties before a play is even run?

Bobby's philosophy of secrecy will only play as long as the team keeps winning. If we start losing, which could have happened already 'cept for some fortunate bounces, you'll see the wolves circling. Fans can't say too much when the team has a 4-1 record. But, I don't know too many fans who have a very good feeling about what's happening in Griz-land right now. This may be the most discontented bunch of 4-1 fans in the nation! Even if Snyder makes that FG, and we go 5-0, would anybody out there not feel the least bit apprehensive about what is going on around here? Our offense looks like a high school offense, and we have relied on gimmick plays and fake field goals to scratch out wins.

Better keep winning, Bobby.

I have said this since the beginning, and am becoming more convinced of it: This is sounding more and more like the basketball coaching of Don Holst, where the players were so uptight, and afraid of making mistakes, that they don't relax and use their natural talent. I think that is what has happened here.

Hopefully everyone will back off on the intensity and micromanaging, and let the kids play ball.

I've got a friend who knows his Griz football pretty well, and he says the exact same thing you just said grizpack. Although the micromanaging seems to be there still, it seems the players are starting to have some more fun. Still a ways to go, Idaho was huge. After the JH run it seemed like the guys loosened up a bit just had fun. I saw glimpses of this in the Cal Poly game too. Having Ochs back, and Disney is a big confidence boost, plus haveing Ciche back is cool.

You ever play Madden 2004 grizpack? Does ditchwitch ring a bell? If not then you must just see the same things as my buddy and not actually be him. :eek: :roll: :drinking:

Nah - my 5 year old kicks my butt in NFL Blitz 2004. I won't even mention what my 8 year old does. However, I have cut a couple of utility lines and a sprinkler line with a ditchwitch before. :p

Back