• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bush - Buchanan List

grizfnz

DONOR
Looks like the Sports Network has dropped
WORSHIP.GIF
Tim Bush from its Buchanan watch list. Not to second guess the coaches, but I wonder if he would still be on the list and have more impressive stats (for the voters) if we weren't playing musical chairs on D.

Just my 2 cents. Of course that's before taxes, medical premiums, 401K and section 125 earnings are withheld, so it really isn't worth much more than a pile of
BS.GIF

No offense to Tim, but he hasn't been playing up to Buchannon caliber this year. Lots of excuses, but it hasn't been a standout year so far. Not surprised he was dropped from the list.

This seems to be another one of those years where we have very few kids making "headline" news/stats. Checking the BSC stats, Snyder and Green are listed and so is our punter but I can't remember seeing anyone else mentioned in any catagory. (2 very good kickers!)

I think this just goes to show the overall "strenght" of our TEAM! No super stars, just solid football. Kinda the trade mark of the Griz!!!

On a side note, I talked up Justine Green a lot before the season and he has been having an outstanding year but if the season ended today, my vote for team MVP would go to Craig Ochs. (My opinion even though he has only played in a few games so far!)

GoodGodGriz said:
No offense to Tim, but he hasn't been playing up to Buchannon caliber this year. Lots of excuses, but it hasn't been a standout year so far. Not surprised he was dropped from the list.

I don't agree. Tim is playing his position the way the new D scheme calls for. His numbers aren't high, but take into account what style of D we're playing.

I venture to say that if Breske were still here Bush would have the numbers to show for his work. As it is, he does what he's supposed to, which is stop the run and on pass plays get double and triple teamed.
AND one might consider that at the other DE spot has seen at least 4 different guys at that spot(not starting, but playig). So who do you think the opposing Oline is going to concentrate on?

Having said that, a player still needs numbers to get on that list, not to mention either a coach or AD hyping him as the best thing since sliced bread. some other schools aren't used to great talent so when they get a good one he sticks out like a sore thumb and the local paper, AD, and coach cant quit saying how good he is and that influences the awards game too.

Today's game should help him out, it might be too little too light, but he is proving that you can never stop him. What a game he had, it seemed like they were calling his name every other play.

Latest posts

Back