• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Regular Season Championship Scenarios

Grizzly Oredigger

Well-known member
So assuming Weber Wins on Saturday...

The Griz clinch with a win (duh)

or they clinch with a loss versus NAU (if MSU beats Sac St)

I don't want to root for the 'cats, so lets CRUSH NAU!
 
Wait, I was under the assumption Montana already clinched the tourney with its win last night and NAU's overtime loss to MSU. So, on Saturday, if Weber wins, NAU upsets the Griz, and Sac tops the Bobcats, WSU can still host? Extreme longshot, but it actually is still a possible scenario?
 
hawkssb04 said:
Wait, I was under the assumption Montana already clinched the tourney with its win last night and NAU's overtime loss to MSU. So, on Saturday, if Weber wins, NAU upsets the Griz, and Sac tops the Bobcats, WSU can still host? Extreme longshot, but it actually is still a possible scenario?

From: http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/3/8/MBB_0308130936.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Montana beat Sacramento State 63-52 at Dahlberg Arena to hike its league record to 18-1. Montana can do no worse than tie for the championship with Weber State. Montana will host the Big Sky Championship next week unless it loses on Saturday to Northern Arizona, Montana State loses to Sacramento State, and Weber State beats Eastern Washington."

MSU and NAU would have the same record, but it appears that NAU owns the tie-breaker (somehow...so confusing). So then Weber would own the tie-breaker over UM.
 
Grizzly Oredigger said:
hawkssb04 said:
Wait, I was under the assumption Montana already clinched the tourney with its win last night and NAU's overtime loss to MSU. So, on Saturday, if Weber wins, NAU upsets the Griz, and Sac tops the Bobcats, WSU can still host? Extreme longshot, but it actually is still a possible scenario?

From: http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/3/8/MBB_0308130936.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Montana beat Sacramento State 63-52 at Dahlberg Arena to hike its league record to 18-1. Montana can do no worse than tie for the championship with Weber State. Montana will host the Big Sky Championship next week unless it loses on Saturday to Northern Arizona, Montana State loses to Sacramento State, and Weber State beats Eastern Washington."

MSU and NAU would have the same record, but it appears that NAU owns the tie-breaker (somehow...so confusing). So then Weber would own the tie-breaker over UM.
NAU has a better record versus sac st and north dakota if MSU loses.
 
even if weber cant host can griz at least lose so we can get a banner? i like banners. i probably wont remember the conf tourney years later or who did what in the ncaa tourney when i look at the banner hanging!
 
The griz lost what one conf game last year and did not clinch till last week of season, and have only lost once this year and have not clinched. That is sooo crazy how many times in past years would a one loss team have clinched the reg season championship with about three weeks remaining or would at least have a three game lead. just shows how good weber and montana have been the last three years. :thumb:
 
0 times in the past 10. infact that was the closest race to the finish by 2 teams in big sky history. what weber and griz have had to deal with this yr and last should typically be a guaranteed title 3/4ths the way through the schedule. its way crazy and unprecedented.

if weber could just get a 20th banner in the 50th year that would just make sense! :thumb:
 
weberwildcat said:
if weber could just get a 20th banner in the 50th year that would just make sense! :thumb:

since u luv banners so much i made one up for ur ass. see if randy gay wants to hang it up in the purple palace

8547910890_05cb31b4d2_b.jpg


ur welcome
 
weberwildcat said:
even if weber cant host can griz at least lose so we can get a banner? i like banners. i probably wont remember the conf tourney years later or who did what in the ncaa tourney when i look at the banner hanging!

It is really a shame that the Big Sky sucks so bad that it is a guaranteed 1 bid conference. I would have loved to see Weber in the dance last year and this (assuming Montana wins) :thumb:
 
Back
Top