• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brock Coyle - defensive player of the week

BWahlberg

DONOR
I was just hopping on here to post that if Brock Coyle isn't named the defensive player of the week there must have been some other near-herculean effort by a different defender on Saturday. Of course I check BigSkyConf.com and see this:

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2013/10/21/FB_1021131632.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OGDEN, Utah (Oct. 21, 2013) - The Big Sky Conference has announced the ROOT SPORTS football Players of the Week for games played on Saturday, Oct. 19. Northern Arizona running back Zach Bauman is the Offensive Player of the Week. Montana linebacker Brock Coyle is the Defensive Player of the Week. Montana State punter Rory Perez is the Special Teams Player of the Week.

CONGRATS to Brock, that was an impressive game for him, with a tremendous finish.

The GoGriz.com highlight reel, found here: http://www.gogriz.com/allaccess/?media=413082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That video shows how much Coyle was disruptive and that pick of his... looks like it was a more athletic move and difficult catch than even Anthony Goodwin's against PSU.

About time Brock got some media recognition. Not taking anything away from the others, but he's been a stalwart for the Griz D. Congratulations, Brock. Go Grizzz!

I think Brock is been quietly great for three years now. No one can ever take anything away from Jordan Tripp, and Saturday, he etched his name into Griz lore forever with his block.

But I think we overlook how special the middle of the Griz D is right now. Alex B. and Brock in the middle is the real heartbeat of this defense.

I love Tripp, but I still think Coyle is our best linebacker. I think he is the surest tackler we have and most fundamentally sound.

Nice kid too....

de8d7ce42ff0cc8025ec553c5f4b6c78.jpg

havgrizfan said:
I think Brock is been quietly great for three years now. No one can ever take anything away from Jordan Tripp, and Saturday, he etched his name into Griz lore forever with his block.

But I think we overlook how special the middle of the Griz D is right now. Alex B. and Brock in the middle is the real heartbeat of this defense.

I agree. Playing next to Tripp, Coyle doesn't get the recognition he deserves from the media or from coaches who vote on the all-conference teams. But he will get it on here.

What I love even more is the team loyalty.. Tripp's play was the catalyst and when quoted in the Missoulian he credited the D-Line for blowing down the O Line...Coyle's play sealed the win and when quoted in the Missoulian he credited the two earlier downs where his D team mates pushed them back forcing a hail-mary pass.

Champions are made of execellent athelets fused together as brothers. No sport defines this requirement better than football.

These two are true Leaders as well as Griz-Greats!

Go Griz

tripp is deserving of all the press, but coyle is just better......regarding the c/p game, I thought that beieniem had a monster game cutting off the dive and in particular the 2nd half,,,also caved in the side, so tripp could penetrate an get the block field goal.....

BITB said:
What I love even more is the team loyalty.. Tripp's play was the catalyst and when quoted in the Missoulian he credited the D-Line for blowing down the O Line...Coyle's play sealed the win and when quoted in the Missoulian he credited the two earlier downs where his D team mates pushed them back forcing a hail-mary pass.

Champions are made of execellent athelets fused together as brothers. No sport defines this requirement better than football.

Go Griz
What he/they said. :thumb:

Solid defense all the way around for the Griz D on Saturday. The gave up chunks of yardage, but not too many points. Yards don't wind ballgames. Points and Defense win ballgames.
As long as UM's defense does its thing against EWU, I have no doubt the home team will win this Saturday.
Go Griz!

IdaGriz01 said:
BITB said:

Go Griz
What he/they said. :thumb:

+37

i thought he was mvp of the defense, but... three hundred how many yards did cpslo have rushing? not to go all sunshine, or anything, but most games that are miserably played for 58 minutes are also miserably played for 60.

52634f05dae9a.preview-620.jpg

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/grizzlies-coyle-receives-big-sky-honor/article_8c91d846-3a8f-11e3-a9d4-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back