• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracket Prediction ***Updated

That wouldn't be bad...shsu could knock off eiu, leaving a bid for the quarters, and then ewu for semi's
 
WOW, does Maine have it easy or what. At least into the third round.
Why is there the assumption that Montana is not in the top 8 to be seated? Just wondering.
 
IdahoGrizFan said:
WOW, does Maine have it easy or what. At least into the third round.
Why is there the assumption that Montana is not in the top 8 to be seated? Just wondering.
I belive thy turned out the lights and randomly picked teams by pointing? That's the only.logic that I could find
 
They've got MSU in and UM in the opening round so it would seem they're predicting a UM loss at MSU. Also with no SUU in I would assume they're thinking NAU wins this next weekend as well.
 
I think SUU has a good chance of beating NAU at home next weekend. If so, SUU finishes 9-3 with an FBS win and finishes the season 2-0 against top 15 teams. I would have to think that would earn them a playoff bid.

If both the Griz and NAU win, they finish with the same record but NAU wins the head to head. Would the selection committee give the Griz a seed over NAU? I think its tough to make that case for the Griz, I don't see 3 Big Sky teams being seeded (EWU, NAU, UM). Who gets the nod in that case?

If MSU and SUU win next week, who's on the outside looking in? MSU would be 8-4, SUU would be 9-3 with the head to head against MSU. Would SUU get the nod over MSU in that case, or would MSU get some love from the committee? The Big Sky could have 5 teams with playoff records, but I don't see more than 4 BSC teams getting playoff bids.

There is a lot to be determined over the course of the next week!
 
How great would it be if the NCAA sent MSU to NoDak St. Sweet, sweet redemption.

Couldn't think of a better way for the Cats epic meltdown to see that scenario as its final chapter
 
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
How great would it be if the NCAA sent MSU to NoDak St. Sweet, sweet redemption.

Couldn't think of a better way for the Cats epic meltdown to see that scenario as its final chapter

I'd rather see them not even make the playoffs, but this would rank a close second. :thumb:
 
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
How great would it be if the NCAA sent MSU to NoDak St. Sweet, sweet redemption.

Couldn't think of a better way for the Cats epic meltdown to see that scenario as its final chapter
After an 87-3 beat down of the kittens by NoDak St., you'd think with Ash as the big Umpalumpa of the Coaches Association, they'd have to reinstate the old 45 - zip slaughter rule for any future play-off games the kittens might sneak into in the future?
 
Jaredkuehn said:
I think SUU has a good chance of beating NAU at home next weekend. If so, SUU finishes 9-3 with an FBS win and finishes the season 2-0 against top 15 teams. I would have to think that would earn them a playoff bid.

If both the Griz and NAU win, they finish with the same record but NAU wins the head to head. Would the selection committee give the Griz a seed over NAU? I think its tough to make that case for the Griz, I don't see 3 Big Sky teams being seeded (EWU, NAU, UM). Who gets the nod in that case?

If MSU and SUU win next week, who's on the outside looking in? MSU would be 8-4, SUU would be 9-3 with the head to head against MSU. Would SUU get the nod over MSU in that case, or would MSU get some love from the committee? The Big Sky could have 5 teams with playoff records, but I don't see more than 4 BSC teams getting playoff bids.

There is a lot to be determined over the course of the next week!

If both UM and NAU win that will be real interesting to see who gets the seed. NAU beat UM head to head and that could give them the nod over the Griz. On the other hand the Griz will have beat MSU who beat NAU.

If MSU and SUU win next week I think the odd team out might be SUU, going back to that UC Davis loss. MSU will finish higher ranked, I would presume with a better Sagarin as well.

IMO, best scenario for the Griz to get a seed, Griz win and SUU win. Then MSU is out at 7-5, NAU falls to 8-3, SUU gets into the playoffs at 8-3 and Griz land a seed at 10-2.
 
Another bracket prediction from College Sports Madness. Montana is No. 7 in the same section with No. 2 Eastern Illinois. It gives the Griz a first-round bye and a second-round home game.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 North Dakota State, 8 McNeese State Section

Southern Utah-Butler winner at NDSU
Samford-Southern Illinois winner at McNeese State

4 Maine, 5 Southeastern Louisiana Section

Coastal Carolina-Bethune-Cookman winner at Southeastern Louisiana
Fordham-Tennessee State at Maine

- - - - -

3 Eastern Washington, 6 Towson section

Northern Arizona-South Dakota State winner at Eastern Washington
Youngstown State-Lehigh winner at Towson

2 Eastern Illinois, 7 Montana Section

William & Mary-Sacred Heart winner at Eastern Illinois
Sam Houston State-Northern Iowa winner at Montana
 
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
How great would it be if the NCAA sent MSU to NoDak St. Sweet, sweet redemption.

Couldn't think of a better way for the Cats epic meltdown to see that scenario as its final chapter

You assume MSU could even beat their first round opponent!
 
oGriz said:
Another bracket prediction from College Sports Madness. Montana is No. 7 in the same section with No. 2 Eastern Illinois. It gives the Griz a first-round bye and a second-round home game.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 North Dakota State, 8 McNeese State Section

Southern Utah-Butler winner at NDSU
Samford-Southern Illinois winner at McNeese State

4 Maine, 5 Southeastern Louisiana Section

Coastal Carolina-Bethune-Cookman winner at Southeastern Louisiana
Fordham-Tennessee State at Maine

- - - - -

3 Eastern Washington, 6 Towson section

Northern Arizona-South Dakota State winner at Eastern Washington
Youngstown State-Lehigh winner at Towson

2 Eastern Illinois, 7 Montana Section

William & Mary-Sacred Heart winner at Eastern Illinois
Sam Houston State-Northern Iowa winner at Montana

Northern Iowa?
 
grizindabox said:
oGriz said:
Another bracket prediction from College Sports Madness. Montana is No. 7 in the same section with No. 2 Eastern Illinois. It gives the Griz a first-round bye and a second-round home game.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 North Dakota State, 8 McNeese State Section

Southern Utah-Butler winner at NDSU
Samford-Southern Illinois winner at McNeese State

4 Maine, 5 Southeastern Louisiana Section

Coastal Carolina-Bethune-Cookman winner at Southeastern Louisiana
Fordham-Tennessee State at Maine

- - - - -

3 Eastern Washington, 6 Towson section

Northern Arizona-South Dakota State winner at Eastern Washington
Youngstown State-Lehigh winner at Towson

2 Eastern Illinois, 7 Montana Section

William & Mary-Sacred Heart winner at Eastern Illinois
Sam Houston State-Northern Iowa winner at Montana

Northern Iowa?

That surprised me as well. 6-5 overall and 2-5 in conference right now. I wouldn't think a win over a 1-9 awful Iowa State would make up for the 5 losses (3 of which were against Non-playoff teams) and get them in the playoffs.
 
Back
Top