• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOOBCATS LOSE

They just didn't have the speed to keep up with that option attack of Cal-Poly, which sounded pretty good on the radio. The game was not as close as the score suggests.

I'm sure hornet would have something to say about this. That is, if he wasn't the biggest pussy in the world!!!

griz4life said:
They just didn't have the speed to keep up...

Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but I'll chuckle anyways...its early.

I'll get my Sunday Chronicle and try to access from there, but I couldn't listen to the game due to sweetie duty. Did it sound as though the Bobcats were distracted or was Cal Poly just better and at home?

Sportin' Life said:
griz4life said:
They just didn't have the speed to keep up...

Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but I'll chuckle anyways...its early.

I'll get my Sunday Chronicle and try to access from there, but I couldn't listen to the game due to sweetie duty. Did it sound as though the Bobcats were distracted or was Cal Poly just better and at home?

I think the Cats were out of tempo the first half. Could be a lot of things. O'brien distraction, a slow start, possibly just not there day, what ever. Their defense played a strong second half, but it was an up hill battle all day.

I think Cal is tough. Very tough. It's rare for a team not to lose at least one game in a season though. They'll have to fall at some point more than likely. Hopefully the Griz can get their acts together this weekend and Gel offensively and as an entire unit offensively/defensively. Once that happans it will be tough for Cal to come into Washington Griz stadium and stay undefeated.

If the Griz can't gel, then Cal will end up with another W under their belts. The game against Idaho this Saturday will be a good test.

Well, I guess since the Griz didn't play they couldn't win this week. But the one thing that is almost as good at keeping me in a good stat of mind during the football season is when the Cats lose. So I will be in a good mood all week. This Cal Poly team looks like they will be very tough game for the Griz but the Griz will have a huge home feild advantage. If they can get the offense anywere near par they should get yet another victory in Wa-Griz.

the cats were sounding like they got ahold of the Griz's play book for the last 3 games, Run on 1st and 2nd down for very little forced to throw on 3rd alot of 3 and outs, they picked up 3 fumbles in the second half net 7 points, sputter sputter - penalty, sac. The second half was little option play by Poly, the QB (ankle) throw well and the fullback ran well for a couple of drives.

I think the Meth deal did damage, but I hope the Kats just got out played.

The leading runner on the kats was the Qb and they have less in the shed than we do.

Somewhat interesting that MSU and UM seem to be in similar positions with both offenses failing to meet expectations at the start of the year. I think we had plenty of speed, after the first Poly drive the MSU defense did very well. The offense, however, did not. :x

Cal Poly sounds like the real deal, good luck against them in a couple weeks. You don't just go into a 1-A stadium without a very good team and win by 3 TD's, regardless of how bad the 1-A team happens to be. Case in point, you guys usually beat Idaho but by pretty close margins if my memory serves me right (which it may not be).

Bear Axed said:
the cats were sounding like they got ahold of the Griz's play book for the last 3 games, Run on 1st and 2nd down for very little forced to throw on 3rd alot of 3 and outs, they picked up 3 fumbles in the second half net 7 points, sputter sputter - penalty, sac. The second half was little option play by Poly, the QB (ankle) throw well and the fullback ran well for a couple of drives.

The leading runner on the kats was the Qb and they have less in the shed than we do.

I'm telling you, the Griz's O needs to get it together. Even when it seems like they may be getting some momentum they shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty.

Don't get me wrong. J.R. ran very well that second half against Sam Houston. QB play isn't there yet, but he is also getting forced to do some things he wouldn't normally have to do from the lack of quality blocking. Seagers has been a non factor thus far, and I doubt that will remain the case all season. The recievers really haven't gotten to show us much, just a tease now and then, and that all falls back to little time for the QB to do much from two things: We run the ball a lot. The line misses blocks... which screws the run as well.

My two cents. Though cents may have the equivalent of two pesos around here. I don't know :roll:

Latest posts

Back