• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats

This is tough on the Bobcats for sure, but for the most part folks are remaining optimistic. When you filter out the complete and total hyperbole on both sides, what you're left with is an interesting discussion on this season for the Cats. The way I see it, and what I've been saying all along, is that we are very very thin, but our current 1's still represent a very good football team. Foster is playing well in place of Na'a, Coe is playing well in the place of Gale, we have Bignell back this week to take the slack left by Ashworth, both our OL injuries where in the 2nd string, Roderick is 2nd string and I think either Greibel or Prukop can operate the swinging gate effectively, we seem to be surviving our injuries at long and short snapper, Kurt Davis was second string, etc. In other words, there is a proven quantity at every position (other than QB) that has demonstrated the ability to compete at a high level. The simple fact is that we cannot keep sustaining these injuries or we will be in a heap of trouble (hyperbole or not).

And for QB? Ouch. I'm happy we have a D2 and then a porous SFA to work on in the next couple weeks. I'm not going to try and predict anything on Jake until we let him give it a go. I'm hoping he's successful. He's earned this chance.

Right now I think this is a team that can compete for the conference title if they can stay healthy. We have to potential to get some great players back as the season goes on, and we will then become a very strong team that can make a deep playoff run.

ABQCat said:
This is tough on the Bobcats for sure, but for the most part folks are remaining optimistic. When you filter out the complete and total hyperbole on both sides, what you're left with is an interesting discussion on this season for the Cats. The way I see it, and what I've been saying all along, is that we are very very thin, but our current 1's still represent a very good football team. Foster is playing well in place of Na'a, Coe is playing well in the place of Gale, we have Bignell back this week to take the slack left by Ashworth, both our OL injuries where in the 2nd string, Roderick is 2nd string and I think either Greibel or Prukop can operate the swinging gate effectively, we seem to be surviving our injuries at long and short snapper, Kurt Davis was second string, etc. In other words, there is a proven quantity at every position (other than QB) that has demonstrated the ability to compete at a high level. The simple fact is that we cannot keep sustaining these injuries or we will be in a heap of trouble (hyperbole or not).

And for QB? Ouch. I'm happy we have a D2 and then a porous SFA to work on in the next couple weeks. I'm not going to try and predict anything on Jake until we let him give it a go. I'm hoping he's successful. He's earned this chance.

Right now I think this is a team that can compete for the conference title if they can stay healthy. We have to potential to get some great players back as the season goes on, and we will then become a very strong team that can make a deep playoff run.

Good, lucid post, but that last sentence made me chuckle, I gotta admit. :lol: :D

AZGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:

Good, lucid post, but that last sentence made me chuckle, I gotta admit. :lol: :D

Ditto. Had me all the way until the very end. Then I just lost it.

Hey now, I have a qualifier there if anyone cares to notice. Gale is a very strong player and DM is a very strong player. Roderick and some talented OL depth are projected to return this season too. IF we stop becoming so bloody snake bit, this can still be a top tier team. Yes, a deep playoff run is possible.

Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:

Same here. They're known for it tho, ya know. 4 playoff appearances in the last 3 years!! Not to shabby. :lol:

NLGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:

Same here. They're known for it tho, ya know. 4 playoff appearances in the last 3 years!! Not to shabby. :lol:
And how many playoff appearances do the griz have in the last 4 years.
And how the hell do you get 4 appearances in 3 years. Must be that new math they teach nowadays.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

And how the hell do you get 4 appearances in 3 years. Must be that new math they teach nowadays.

Here's a hint, Einstein: the key word in his post is "DEEP"...The Griz have gone deeper into the playoffs in the past 4 years than the 'scats have since 1984.

FACT.

ABQCat said:
Hey now, I have a qualifier there if anyone cares to notice. Gale is a very strong player and DM is a very strong player. Roderick and some talented OL depth are projected to return this season too. IF we stop becoming so bloody snake bit, this can still be a top tier team. Yes, a deep playoff run is possible.
No its not. You need a QB who is a competitive gamer where every snap is life or death when the game is on the line. DM has publicly said multiple times that A) Football is not the most important thing going on in his life and B) That he has never once been nervous before or during a football game. To me, that says football and winning football games is not as important to him as many other star athletes/QB's. Which is fine, good guy, but guys like that won't take you all the way, and may have something to do with why his teammates did not vote him a team captain.

AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

Here's a hint, Einstein: the key word in his post is "DEEP"...The Griz have gone deeper into the playoffs in the past 4 years than the 'scats have since 1984.

FACT.
:thumb:
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

There. I even spelled it out for ya. :D

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

And you even spelled everything right this time. Did you have to ask AZ for help.

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

Hey, but Stony Brook was TOUGH........until they missed their extra point to win the game............ :coffee:

WaGriz4life said:
NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

Hey, but Stony Brook was TOUGH........until they missed their extra point to win the game............ :coffee:
Good call! I'm kinda surprised they didn't loose that one too. So how does a Bobcat fan describe a "Deep Run" into the playoffs?

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

I think they've had 5 playoff games. Don't forget the New Hampshire game a few years ago! :thumb:

WaGriz4life said:
ABQCat said:
No its not. You need a QB who is a competitive gamer where every snap is life or death when the game is on the line. DM has publicly said multiple times that A) Football is not the most important thing going on in his life and B) That he has never once been nervous before or during a football game. To me, that says football and winning football games is not as important to him as many other star athletes/QB's. Which is fine, good guy, but guys like that won't take you all the way, and may have something to do with why his teammates did not vote him a team captain.

Pretty sick WaGriz. If football is the most important thing in a persons life they have a real problem. Some people handle pressure differently than others. Do they teach logic at UM? If they really do you had to flunk!

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:
NLGrizFan said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

Forgot the UNH - Win

Chester Cheetah said:
NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rich W said:

FACT.
Ok- 4 games in 3 years.
NDSU - Loss
SHSU - Loss
Stoney Brook - Win
SHSU - Loss

Forgot the UNH - Win
Oh $hit. Oops. Sorry bout that. Gotta give credit where credit is due. So 5 playoff appearances in 3 years.

Back