• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat Break-Out Player of the Year

I know right. I was thinking how odd "breakthrough" player sounded in the other thread and came up with this gem. :?

grizcountry420 said:
GrizPony said:
I know right. I was thinking how odd "breakthrough" player sounded in the other thread and came up with this gem. :?

Whats the difference between 3 dicks and a joke?

The three dicks are bobcat fans and the joke is the team they root for?

EverettGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
GrizPony said:

Nope.. His mom cant take a joke...

a lot of players to pick from. roderick, newell, davis(rb) and johnson on offense. coe, foster, singleton, and barnett on defense. any one or more of those guys could be a household name by october. just a ton of great, young talent over there right now.

EverettGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
GrizPony said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
grizcountry420 said:
EverettGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
GrizPony said:

Nope.. His mom cant take a joke...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alpha thinks that the Cats lack depth this year. WRONG! The Cats are loaded at every position, including linebacker where they have lost a couple of players. Every recruiting class that Ash has brought in has been better than the previous. The offensive line is no longer undersized and will be very strong this year. Anyone of the players getgrizzy mentioned could be the breakout guy. Tanner Roderick has been catching everything thrown to him so far. They will be exploiting his talents in the offense this year.

getgrizzy said:
a lot of players to pick from. roderick, newell, davis(rb) and johnson on offense. coe, foster, singleton, and barnett on defense. any one or more of those guys could be a household name by october. just a ton of great, young talent over there right now.

Taylor Sheridan! You heard it here first.

It will be interesting to see what this Brandon Davis can do, running back transfer from La. Tech, looks pretty darn good. If he is the third behind Kirk and Johnson he could make some waves.

bigsky33 said:
Alpha thinks that the Cats lack depth this year. WRONG! The Cats are loaded at every position, including linebacker where they have lost a couple of players. Every recruiting class that Ash has brought in has been better than the previous. The offensive line is no longer undersized and will be very strong this year. Anyone of the players getgrizzy mentioned could be the breakout guy. Tanner Roderick has been catching everything thrown to him so far. They will be exploiting his talents in the offense this year.
I do think Roderick will wind up being a great player over there but the cats will go as far as their little o-line will take them. The bobcats are a good team with some good players and depth but that o-line took some hits when the thomas bros bailed. I just don't see them beating anybody good with the guys they have up front, too small and weak.

getgrizzy said:
It takes a true kitten fan to know all that and actually believe it! :thumb:

and it sounds like you do?

indian-outlaw said:
bigsky33 said:
I do think Roderick will wind up being a great player over there but the cats will go as far as their little o-line will take them. The bobcats are a good team with some good players and depth but that o-line took some hits when the thomas bros bailed. I just don't see them beating anybody good with the guys they have up front, too small and weak.

Indian-outlaw-that Cat OL is totally different this year. They are much, much bigger and stronger. I would say average size is 295 this year. Also the depth is much better. The two transfers they brought in last year, that were injured are back. Christian Williams is 310 and Charles Lee is 294 on second team. The second team OL is is much bigger than last years starting OL and the starting OL is at least 30lbs heavier on average than last years starting line. Alex Wilcox the new strength coach last year has done wonders with the whole team. Plus, Jason McEndoo is one of the best OL coaches in the country. If you think they will be weak and small--watch out!

Trenches, Trenches, Trenches! I don't think the cats can win in the trenches for an entire season. Say what you want but losing last years seniors on defense and then a hit to LB this year will make for a long season. I agree that Roderick seems to be heading toward having a good season.

indian-outlaw said:
bigsky33 said:

You should maybe look again
Before spring drills in 2012, Montana State had eight offensive linemen on its roster. At Monday’s practice, the Bobcats were able to field three full offensive lines and had 17 big bodies at their disposal. Third-year sophomores John Weidenaar (6-foot-7, 277 pounds) and Alex Eekhoff (6-6, 288) are towering bookend tackles. Junior Quinn Catalano (6-4, 289) is the leader of the group and can play either guard spot. The other guard position will go to sophomore Kyle Godecke (6-5, 310) or redshirt freshman JP Flynn (6-5, 304). Matthew Devereux (6-3, 294), a cerebral sophomore, will likely be Sampson’s successor at center.

bigsky33 said:
The reason any of the players listed could be breakout players is because you have 15-20 to choose from. That's not a good thing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigsky33 said:
Indian-outlaw-that Cat OL is totally different this year. They are much, much bigger and stronger. I would say average size is 295 this year. Also the depth is much better. The two transfers they brought in last year, that were injured are back. Christian Williams is 310 and Charles Lee is 294 on second team. The second team OL is is much bigger than last years starting OL and the starting OL is at least 30lbs heavier on average than last years starting line. Alex Wilcox the new strength coach last year has done wonders with the whole team. Plus, Jason McEndoo is one of the best OL coaches in the country. If you think they will be weak and small--watch out!
Every year it's the same mantra " our young pups are bigger and stronger than ever before"

Then they get it run down their throats again and again and again then they fake injurys to end the never ending weekly punishments

Back